You are in a town for 10 days

Thesh
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This town has a bar. This bar has 20 different bourbons. 10 of these bourbons you consider to be your absolute favorite bourbons of all time. 10 of these bourbons you have never had, are no longer produced, and reviews for each individual bourbon range from decent to sub-par.

There is a local law that states that no visitors from out of town can have more than 1 glass of bourbon a day, and no visitor can get the same bourbon twice during their visit.

During your stay, would you rather drink your ten all time favorites, or the ten that probably won't be as good that you never had before?

This town has a bar. This bar has 20 different bourbons. 10 of these bourbons you consider to be your absolute favorite bourbons of all time. 10 of these bourbons you have never had, are no longer produced, and reviews for each individual bourbon range from decent to sub-par.

There is a local law that states that no visitors from out of town can have more than 1 glass of bourbon a day, and no visitor can get the same bourbon twice during their visit.

During your stay, would you rather drink your ten all time favorites, or the ten that probably won't be as good that you never had before?

I'm all for trying new things. I would go for the rare/mediocre and work my way down. Just so long as I either have a bottle each of the top 10, or that I can acquire them in my area with relative ease. Some current bottlings might as well be extinct since I cannot get my hands on them.

By the way, how big is the glass?!:lol:

I don't know that the scenario requires that we either stick with the favorites or the old stuff. Therefore, I'd probably alternate between my favorites and some experiments.

Man this calls for some serious stuff to be assumed

1-That there exists a bar that carries my 10 favorite bourbons

2-That there is a bar that carries 10 bourbons that I've never had

3-That I would even be willing to visit someplace that has such a law

4-That I don't travel with my own bourbon anyway

Having managed to meet all of these requirements, meaning I was traveling against my will, possibly kidnapped, otherwise I would have packed a few bottles, landed is some town that had a bar that carried 20 different bourbons, yet is in a town that only lets visitors have 1 glass of bourbon a day....I would have 2 half glasses of bourbon each day, possibly done a vattings after giving the Vatmaster a call as how best to blend each so the lessor bottlings are shown at their best and the better bottlings are not degraded in the process.

I would go to the Gazebo and get it all!!! I know it defeats your question, but from what I have read...that is MY dream bar!

:toast:

For the purposes of your question I'd have a little from each category depending on what I was in the mood for. In real life I'd just go and find a liquor store or find a way to swindle myself more than 1 glass per day from the bar though. (ie. order x drinks, when they say "no" just be like "but I'm buying my friends over at that table a round, 1 each!" while pointing to a table that has x-1 people sitting at it or just have people who aren't going to order bourbon buy my drinks for a reasonable tip.) :)

Operating on the oft-quoted theory that there are no bad bourbons, only better bourbons, I'd go with the ones that I hadn't had before.

Because I'm fortuante to live in Kentucky, I can usually get my favorites any time. and reviews are simply opinions and one person's sub-par can be another's new favorite.

There is a local law that states that no visitors from out of town can have more than 1 glass of bourbon a day
In that case, on the first day, I'd specify a 15oz glass and have the barkeep give me the standard 1.5 ounces each of the ten unfamiliar bourbons, poured and consumed one at a time, for a grand total of one 15oz glass ...

Oh, that's cheating? Right. :grin:

While I agree that tastes are highly individual, I would try the "decent" unknowns and let the "sub-par" ones slide, on the assumption that these respective ratings were garnered for a reason. I'd then move on to my favorites, with the exact choices governed by which ones I hadn't had in a while, whether they are readily available in my home market, etc. I might even revisit one or more of the "decent" unfamiliar ones, depending on how they struck me the first time around.

Larry

Hmm... I think next time I'm going to have to hire a lawyer to right up posts for hypothetical and highly unlikely questions such as this.

"For the purposes of this document, glass will refer to a standard unit of 1.5 ounces of an alcoholic beverage containing at least 40% alcohol, but not exceeding 80% alcohol"

"In compliance with article 17.3, the question assumes that you will have either the whiskey defined in article 9.2 or the whiskey defined in article 9.3. No other options will be available to you"

The real question here is "Would you rather drink what you have never had, or what you have deemed to be your favorite?"

I would try each of the ten I've never had before. Heck, its only ten days and I may never have another chance to try many on that list.

Fun question. I would try the ones I have never had...

Well . . . it depends. :rolleyes:

If most of the all time favorites were still available in my bunker, then I would drink those that I never had before, UNLESS most of those that I never had before were known to be cats and dogs.

If most of the all time favorites were no longer available in my bunker or if those that I never had before were known to be cats and dogs, then I would drink the all time favorites. :cool:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.