The Gazebo

bourbonmed
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

GAZEBO (ga-ze-bo) [Origin unknown.]

1. A freestanding, roofed, usually open-sided structure providing a shady resting place. 2. A belvedere with a commanding view of the General Nelson Hotel in Bardstown, KY. 3. A place for friends to gather for a period between sunset and sunrise and share an elixir distilled from fermented mash having not less than 51% corn. 4. A place to taste Vickie Spencer's atomic burgoo in late Sept.

BURGOO (bur-goo) [Origin unknown.]

A thick, spicy soup or stew of meat and veggies, containing not less than 3 or 4 different types of meat. (I believe Vickie throws some bourbon or beer in it and the result is sensational).

Attendance to the gazebo is free of course, but it'd be nice if everyone brings a special bottle of bourbon to share.

NOTE: I believe Bettye Jo is joining us in the gazebo this year. Can't wait to hear her Heaven Hill stories. Hey, maybe Max will come as well (with a case of EWSB '92!!) ; ))

Cheers,

Omar

Form What I hear, it is good to know that it will often be known by its alias the GAZZBO!!

I don't get much in the way of "something special" here in Ohio so I just might have to save up my money and find something kewl down there. . . Or I could just bring my new favorite Wild Turkey bottling, that would surely go over well.

TomC

PS I am ALL ABOUT some burgoo!!

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Gazebo - 5. A place of great joy where laughter emanates. So much so that the verb 'to laugh' is the most commonly employed article of speech. Coming in a close second is 'Mmmmmmmmmm'.

To be newly employed this year:

Bleeeee! Origin - Bourbonian 1. Bourbonic glee such as that felt at Bourbonian Embassy partys at the gazebo in Bardstown Kentucky. 2. The feeling of joy and anticipation when purchasing a new bottle of bourbon. 3. The feeling of well being and inclusion as felt at StraightBourbon.Com. 4. An expression of joyful agreement between fellow Bourbonians.

Omar I'll be bringing 'The Fox' this year. That's right I'm going to bring bourbon to Kentucky! Bleeeeeeee!laugh.gif

Pants Away!

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Rock The Gazzbo! Just pick up something in Kentucky Tom. I know that his will come as quite a surprise to some folks, but we tend to drink rather heavily during the Bourbon Festival. It's always best to start 'working out' so that you will be 'in shape'.wink.gif

Linn Spencer

thats what I figured. I'm sure I can find something kewler in than whats in Ohio anyway. I needed to go to a liquor store anyway. wink.gif.

TomC

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Tom I hate to tell you this, but you are the onlycool.gifCOOLcool.gif person in Ohio!

Linn Spencer

Tom , There's 2 good liquor stores in Bardstown , Toddy's and My Old Ky Home Liquors. Toddy's has the best selection and the prices aren't that much higher than Liquor barn in Louisville . Put it this way you'd have to spend about $150.00to pay for the trip to Louisville . Liquor barn has more bottles for sure. I guess you are driving Once you get to Cinncinnati it's about as close to Btown thru Lexington as Louisville. But hey there's a Liquor barn over there! I've not been there yet but Cork 'n Bottle is in Covington . I guess you'll find them Probably would be fun to stop at a few of 'em. I stopped in Lou earlier this week and found my lost bottle of IW Harper. I stopped at another place in springfield Ky that looked promising kinda run down I was hoping to find a dust covered relic , it looked like all their stock had arrived 2 days before, the most topshelf they had was WT101 and Makers. followed by Beam Black, AAA then downhill from there. You never know.

Bobby Cox

I try to be diplomatic about it, but (with my wife being the obvious exception) Linn, thats kinda what I already figured. . . . . . .hmmmmm . . . . . .Do Murphy & Colby count as people??

TomC

I'll try and look for some special bottles to bring down. i have a bottle of 20 yr hirsch that hasnt been opened yet, anyone up for trying that?

Has anyone managed to book the General Nelson? We won't be able to access the gazebo unless at least some of us are staying there.

We now know it won't be available Friday night (cook-out at Bob's), but we might have to prepare for thinking of the gazebo as a euphimism and think about some other gathering places. The nice thing about the gazebo was its location. Everyone staying within Bardstown could easily stumble home from there. What about other alternatives? Is anyone staying at the Jailer's Inn? They have a very private (i.e., walled in) courtyard they probably would let us use, if we have someone staying there.

The point is that it needs to be on private property, with the owner's permission, as our alcohol consumption makes anything on public property problematic. It also needs to be someplace where we won't disturb the neighbors or frighten the horses.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://cowdery.home.netcom.com>--Chuck Cowdery</A>

I have a room at the General Nelson, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, so access to the gazebo won't be a problem. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone at this year's Bourbon Festival.

Bob Kaufman

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.