2007 BTAC - Sazerac or Handy?

JDutton
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Which should I get, assuming that I can only buy one or the other? Both are available, and I've never had either.

Jeff

For me, I would take the Handy. Both are very fine; however, the higher proof of the Handy gives it the nod to me. You wouldn't go wrong with choosing either one, though.

JOE

My vote would be for the Saz 18. I've found that it's one of the few whiskeys I crave. I don't think anything else is quite like it.

That being said, the Handy is fine stuff, too. If I could have just one, I'd take the Saz.

I prefer Saz 18. But I do enjoy the Handy as well.

Now we've got the score all evened up:lol:

If you've never had either, I would recommend Saz 18.

Bu for my tastes I would go for the Handy.

Although I like them both Saz18 wins hands down imo, probably because it's around 3x older. THH is more economical with it's higher proof but no amount of water will make it taste as good as the Saz18, imo.

A very tough choice. You will most likely get good arguments for both, so go with the Saz. I am a huge fan of the Handy BTW.

Although I like them both Saz18 wins hands down imo, probably because it's around 3x older. THH is more economical with it's higher proof but no amount of water will make it taste as good as the Saz18, imo.

Not trying to be lazy, but Dito

Easy enough here: I don't especially care for the Saz 18, which I think is pretty conventional, one-dimensional, aged rye.

Buy the Handy.

When I was faced with the very same choice I thought long and hard as to which one I should choose... Then I had a moment of clarity... and decided to get both :) I worked out quite well for me. So much so I stronge advise you to do the same.

When I was faced with the very same choice I thought long and hard as to which one I should choose... Then I had a moment of clarity... and decided to get both :) I worked out quite well for me. So much so I stronge advise you to do the same.

I agree. These bottles are hard to find for many.

Easy enough here: I don't especially care for the Saz 18, which I think is pretty conventional, one-dimensional, aged rye.

Buy the Handy.

I'm curious, Tim. I recommended the Saz 18 (since he has had neither) because in my opinion he can get the same basic flavors from Saz Jr. as the Handy. Handy has more "spice drop" candy and clove flavors than the Saz Jr. but Saz Jr. has more light carmel and "old roses" in evidence and I have often wondered if this is a function of the higher proof and lack of chill filtering or barrel selection. How do you compare Handy to Saz Jr.?

O.K.

If we are talking this years release, go w/ saz 18.

last year I would have picked handy.

As a general rule I agree w/ Spun (not general in general, but on this):confused:

Ryan

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.