Schott Zwiesel Top Ten Barrel Aged Spirit Glass

gothbat
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well, I know they’ve been mentioned in posts but I’ve never seen a thread about these glasses so I figured I’d start one. I bought a box of these not too long ago and I have to say I’m pretty impressed as these glasses combine features from 3 different glasses. First, and most importantly the bulb fits well in my palm which allows the bourbon to warm a little, just like drinking out of a snifter. The shape of the glass itself is essentially that of the Glencairn glass, which I never cared much for because of it's lack of palmability, so it’s good for nosing. This is actually a bigger version of the Glencairn glass on a stem. Finally, although it’s not really much of a feature, the long stem gives it the elegant look of a nice wine glass. I don’t think these will replace my snifters but so far they’re the only glass I’ve had that has come close, I’ll definitely get some use out of these! I consider these a good deal too, I don’t know what they go for in stores but the ad for them said list price was something ridiculous like $128.99 for a box of 6, I got a box of 6 for just under $30 shipped. Anyway, just thought I’d share. Here’s a picture:

post-1438-1448981379409_thumb.jpg

Hmmm -- I have a couple of those from Glenmorangie 50ml 'sets', which compare the basic SMSW with its wine-wood-finished siblings. They came with an accompanying, knobbed cover. Maybe not as big as you're using - -these will hold maybe 6 oz. -- but the exact shape/configuration.

I haven't used them much, except when comparing single malts, and thus desiring the covering to mask aeration.

• 4 weeks later...
Gothbat, where were you able to find these for $30? I'd like to buy some. Thanks

I got mine from ebay, there's a guy on there that sells them pretty regularly with an opening bid of $14.99. (He's also got a set with a Buy it Now if you can't wait, only $63.99 + shipping...) Just search for "top ten barrel" and they should all come up. There's a set closing in 2 hours from when I post this that currently doesn't have any bids. Good luck.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.