A friendly mayoral rivalry

catdaddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

March 27, 2008

A friendly mayoral rivalry

Bourbon sent to U of L foes' mayors

The Courier-Journal Bourbon will be the University of Louisville's "secret full-court press" in its NCAA Sweet 16 matchups tonight and Saturday, according to Mayor Jerry Abramson.

In the spirit of friendly basketball competition, Abramson shipped four bottles of Kentucky-distilled spirits to the mayors of Knoxville, Tenn., and Chapel Hill, N.C., yesterday.

"Mayor (Bill) Haslam runs a great city, but I know Knoxville will need a little bourbon to soothe its sunken spirits after Thursday night," Abramson said in a press release sent out yesterday by his office.

The Louisville men's team plays the University of Tennessee tonight and the Louisville women's team plays the University of North Carolina on Saturday.

"These great bourbons will serve as some solace for Lady Tar Heel fans and Mayor Kevin Foy," Abramson said. "Our city is proud of this historic appearance in the tournament by the Lady Cardinals."

The bourbons sent were Woodford Reserve, Bulleit Bourbon, Maker's Mark and Evan Williams Single Barrel Bourbon.

Abramson said he's also cheering for the Western Kentucky University men's team, which will play in its Sweet 16 game against UCLA tonight.

"It's great to have three Kentucky teams in the Sweet 16 tournaments," Abramson said

post-2905-1448981383013_thumb.jpg

I always knew Jerry had a good sense of humor!

I wonder if he'll get charged with illegal shipping...

Very cool. Mayor Jerr is pretty good. I wonder if Knoxville's dude will respond with Jack Daniels and say, "here's some of our bourbon." Heh.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.