Non-quiche taste sensation

jbutler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

We had some company over for dinner last night. Once we'd finished and cleared all the dishes away, my wife offered ice cream for dessert. Rather than have some of my own, I chose to liberate my son of a portion of his.

He was eating some Ben & Jerry's (F-no, I don't align myself politically with those guys) "Vanilla Caramel Fudge" ... at least I think that's what it was called. It seems to be about the same thing as Baskin-Robbins "Gold Medal Ribbon".

Anyway, I could tell right off the bat that there was indeed a proper bourbon to pair with this ice cream. Wathen's did the trick admirably. My friend Leo was pretty hard to convince however. He just couldnt see bourbon and ice cream together. Once he tried it, he was a convert.

I ran him through a small gamut of fine bourbons and made him wear a Straightbourbon shirt whilst imbibing. Another new bourbon drinker for the planet!!

Cheers,

Jim Butler

Straightbourbon.com

Two thoughts:

1) the whole pouring a little of a wheated bourbon over vanilla ice cream, mentioned in the recipe's thread, BRILLIANT!!

2) I am not as much opposed to the politics as I am of the buisness practices of their parent company (they sold out a while back & retired), Edy's. I work in a grocery store and do ice cream 3 ties a week so I get to see these things. Edy's raised prices and shrunk container sizes At the same time!!!! One or the other is just the facts of life, both todgether is extortion.

TomC

Actually, it was more a spoonful of ice cream, let it melt in your mouth, swallow, then sip the bourbon sort of procedure.

The same trick works if you can get your hands on high quality chocolate truffles too. A good bourbon, or even a good Cabernet works real well with chocolate.

Cheers,

Jim Butler

Straightbourbon.com

Sounds YUMMY, but I have to get my wife to share the truffles she buys first wink.gif!

TomC

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.