"How long would your stash last?" part two

spun_cookie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

If you decided not to purchase any more bourbon and consumed what you have now at a normal pace, how long would it last you?

For me I figured it this way:

136 bottles

25.4 ounces in a bottle

assumed 2 ounces a night 5 nights 52 weeks of the year (this is an average not including external consumption - bars, etc)

I have enough bourbon if I just drink it by myself for over 6.5 years.

Thought this was a lot until I read the original "How long would your stash last?"..... now I need more :woohoo:

Well once I cut off all of my friends, and if I continue to drink at my fairly moderate current rate...about 15 years

30 bottles, 25 oz each, 3.5 avg oz's per night, 7 nights per week - then I would have 214 days worth or about 7 months and some.... wow, just thinking about this scares me... I'm feeling vulnerable... need to get more bourbon!

I plan to retire in 20 years and could probably last until then at my current rate of consumption. I buy dusties when I see them as well as stock up during sales. Thats why my supply is what it is!

Thomas

Figuring the same way as SpunCookie, it would last about 24 years. I better start drinkin. :bigeyes:

Joe :usflag:

Rough figure would be approx. 12 years, but that assumes I stop sharing my bourbon and become a lonesome drinker. But this is a silly question anyway....how in the world could I stop buying bourbon....:rolleyes:

At least 5 years. I don't drink large amounts at one time.

I'll see if I can quote you on that Wednesday night! :slappin:

Now, back on topic....I'm guessing I could wind this here bourbon out for maybe 15 years, at the end of which I would donate my liver to the Getz !:grin:

Scott

By Spuns math again, I would have 2 yrs worth. Problem is...

I drink more than 2 oz's a night, and I typically drink more than 5 nights a week.:rolleyes:

realistic figure is closer to 1 year.:smiley_acbt:

Off to the store I go. Thanks to Spun for calling out my bourbon shortage.:cool:

With just 7 more weeks until retirement (when my wife will become more vocal about certain expenses), I just recently re-inventoried my bunker. Since I normally consume about 1 bottle of whiskey/whisky a month (frequently alternating between 3-4 nights of spirts and 3-4 nights of wine), my current bunker will last me about 25 years. With a few addtional special purchases each year (1 set of BTAC, any of the limited editions that tweak my interest) and occaisonally supplementing with some of my favorite cheaper drinks (ETL, JWB, JBB, etc) I think I have my liquid IRA just where it needs to be at this time.

I have 29 bottles right now and I drink about 2 oz/night. Sometimes a bit more, sometimes not at all, but I suppose it all evens out in the long run.

At that rate, I have enough for about approximately 362 days.

Hmmm? Honestly, at my usual rate of consumption, I might just hit the box before I hit empty. A little depressing, think I'll have a nip. Tom

How uncanny the timing of this thread is. Just the other day I was lying on the beach and told my wife I should seriously consider a codicil to my will, as no immediate family member, or heir, would be interested in, or appreciate, or be capable of [physically] consuming, my bourbon, scotch, tequila, or premium beer, collection. My stash could outlive the metabolization of about four to five livers, so y'all younglings should get your requests' posted within the next several years while I amend my Last Will and Testament....:grin:

If the current drinking trend holds.... 3-5yrs.

Then again, after I replace my car this summer, I plan to dump in at least another $2k for down the road.

If I didn't buy any more, about five years. However, I usually buy a years worth every year. I have left my excess to my brother in law (an sb.com member) in my will.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.