When were plastic bottles introduced?

mgilbertva
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Originally there was an "experimental period" of using PVC bottles from 7-12-1968 to 5-11-1973, when the FDA advised against using it due to health issues.

PET started 11-22-1982

Originally there was an "experimental period" of using PVC bottles from 7-12-1968 to 5-11-1973, when the FDA advised against using it due to health issues.

And I don't feel any better about them now, especially with the recent news about Bisphenol A (BPA) i plastic bottles.

As far as I am concerned, ethanol is enough toxic material in MY whiskey. :rolleyes:

And I don't feel any better about them now, especially with the recent news about Bisphenol A (BPA) i(n) plastic bottles...roll eyes:

Too Much Information!..:bigeyes: (And I don't think I have any!..)

It's not that I'm looking to start the baddest collection of plastic bottled bourbons around.

We came across some dusties in plastic bottles and I was just trying to figure out if plastic helped date them. As a rule I avoid anything that doesn't break when I throw it against the wall, at least when it comes to bourbon containment.

Oh, ok, I do have a flask, but never mind that.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.