Bush's Grillin Beans

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Bush's has a new line called Grillin' Beans. Naturally, I tried the Bourbon and Brown Sugar variety. Next time, I think I'll just pour some bourbon into their regular pork-n-beans, but it was worth a try. The ad promised "robust beans with just a touch of natural bourbon flavor." The last ingredient on the ingredients list: "natural bourbon flavor."

The label also helpfully pointed out that the product contains no alcohol.

I haven't seen those particular ones, but Bush's makes many varieties of what used to be just plain old baked beans. Most of them that I have tried have been excellent.

Tim

Mr.C,

In response to your post, I purchased a can last night, I have not tried them yet. I also noticed the label stated "natural bourbon flavor" and

"this product is non-alcoholic". I wondered what "natural bourbon flavor'"

meant? I take it you were not impressed with them?

They're fine, but they're basically just another flavor of standard baked beans, a minor variation. I was hoping for something more. Liked them better after a shot of VOB BIB. Put some in the beans too.

All this is making me think of a great vatting... combine with my "exploding bourbon chicken".

My wife bought some of them too. There are a couple of varieties that are a lot better than the bourbon ones. Joe

• 1 month later...

We've had grillin' beans a few times. My wife and I have found out the best is a mixture of the bourbon and smokehouse varieties. We're having a family cookout today and this mixture will be served.:yum: Joe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.