Old Fitzgerald Decanter

PhilsFan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

While browsing antique places in Glendale, KY yesterday, I came across an

Old Fitzgerald decanter that I had to have for my bookshelf in my home office. It looks like a bottle that a Genie would come out of, with a cork stopper topped with a gold top. It has the remains of a tax stamp with Stitzel Weller Producer on the stamp. The label in the center is 1" tall and about 2" wide with "Old Fitzgerald" and a green background and a gold key. The back label says "Old style Old Fitzgerald Sour Mash distilled and bottled by Stitzel Weller Distillery, Inc. R.D. No 16 KY, Bottled at I.R.B.W.

No 16 Ky, 100 proof 6 year old Bottled in Bond Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey 4/5 quart"

The most distinctive feature of the bottle is a decorative tin covering on the bottom third of the bottle. The covering is decorated with leaves and cut out in the middle of the covering is the word "Bourbon".

It makes a great companion piece to my copy of the book "But Always Fine Bourbon" But as a history buff I was wondering when this bottle was made?

Thanks, Joe

I also have one of those Joe. Saw one with whiskey in it at Cliff's place.

Joe :usflag:

For those of us in or around Louisville, KY ... I have found many decanters at the peddlers mall, they are usually priced from $2.00 & up. I have only bought a couple but there are a lot out there!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.