The Other Side of the Fence

bluesbassdad
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

An honored and frequent contributor to this site has an article in the current issue of Malt Advocate magazine, a publication whose editorial policy seems to favor certain unmentionable spirits.

For more info (but not much more) go to the Malt Advocate website , and search on "Cowdery".

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Dave and Chuck:

I just wanted to add encouragement for other posters to read the excellent article on bonded whiskeys - I get frustrated in Western PA because Old Forester and Old Fitz BIBs are not availabe, but the OGD is, as I've said before, one of my favorites and an outstanding whiskey indeed.

I'm also writing in my role of Monongahela rye lover. Chuck, your article sported a picture of a BIB rye that I'd never seen before - "Large Rye", distilled in Large, PA (about 5 miles from where I'm writing this). What can you tell me about this picture and this rye? Is it related to the late, lamented Sam Thompson rye, also distilled in Large? Matter of fact, I may just research this whole area further - it's almost an archeological challenge at this point! I'll just say I'm lucky to be living here. I feel like Tom in his new house or Linn in the Virginia hills - happy to be settin' down roots in whiskey country!

Ralph Wilps

I can't for the life of me remember why I originally chose such a crappy Subject line for this thread. (Was I drinking at the time? It wasn't Knob Creek, was it? Where are my pants??? blush.gif )

I probably thought I was being witty at the time, but since my attempt failed I just now switched to an accurate Subject line.

BTW, do any of you subscribe to Malt Advocate? I entered my subscription a few weeks ago, but I have yet to receive my first issue.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Chuck little did I know when I posted my thread on "Rocket Science" that your article which included a definition of 'single batch bourbons' would be in the latest issue of Malt Advocate. E.S.P. at it's finest. Damn I'm good! You're article while not news to me was well written in the usual Cowdery fashion. Kudos for Chuck! He's makin' a buck and extolling the virtues of bourbon at one and the same time. Now who here can say that? You go Bourbon Guy! grin.gif

Guest **DONOTDELETE**
shocked.gif Dave you don't mean to say that you actually post while drinking do you!? blush.gifblush.gif O'Hell I thought that I was the only one that did that! grin.gif

I subscribe to Malt Advocate as well as Whisky Magazine. I am fond of both of them although they are quite different. Certainly there are aspects of each that I don't care for, but I think the market is much better with these publications than without them--so I show my support by subscribing.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.