Bourbon on The History Channel

Kauf
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

At work today, I found out on Saturday, July 6th, the History Channel ran a half hour program on bourbon. It will be repeated on Saturday, July 13th at 6:00 to 6:30 pm CDST. Here's what The History Channel had to say about the program:

Hands on History

Saturday , July 13 6:00 PM-6:30 PM

Bourbon

Ron Hazelton raises his glass in honor of the time-honored tradition of making bourbon, the only alcoholic spirit that's history is entirely American. A year after the Whiskey Rebellion, Jacob Beam began selling whiskey in Kentucky. A mash made of corn, rye, and malt, the whiskey took its name from the state's Bourbon County. Six generations later the Beam family distillery is the world's largest maker of bourbon. Ron learns the 4-year process at the Jim Beam Distillery in Clermont, Kentucky. TV G

Did anyone see this program, is it worth taping?

Bob Kaufman

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Bob I've not seen that show, but I am going to watch it this Saturday. Anything that takes you inside of the Beam Distillery is worth having. I remember Jerry Dalton mentioning it last year. If you've never met Jerry or had a chance to speak with him you are going to want to have whatever they may show of him on tape. Beneath his homespun Kentcky exterior lies an intellect of profound depth.

I just got back from vacation and I have not talked to anyone in my family....I am glad you made the post....I will watch it.....

Bettye Jo Boone

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

I just finished watching the Beam bourbon show and thought that it was well done. If you have never been to a distillery this show covers most of the bases with only a couple of very minor flubs.I liked seeing that Beam has a copper beer still and doubler set up and also that the fermenters were all covered with ventilated hoods to carry off the carbon dioxide gas. Jerry Dalton was his usuall self saying a little but telling nothing. The most significant shot was of two still operators testing the high wines. 135 proof. On tape. That's good intel.The rest of the story may have been a bit on the fluffy side but I'm glad I got a chance to see it.

I saw it and enjoyed it. The program was well done and Beam certainly got their money's worth.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.