City Grocery Bourbon Jelly

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Has anyone else tried the bourbon jelly made by City Grocery Foods in Frankfort? They were serving it at the sampler in April.

I like it. It tastes good. Perhaps even more importantly, it tastes like bourbon. If you like bourbon and like jelly, you will like this because it simply tastes like bourbon in jelly form, rather than like jelly with some bourbon in it. Its consistency is thinner than most jellies, almost like a very thick syrup, and its makers suggest its use on waffles and pancakes in addition to the breads you normally ply with jelly.

Their suggestion that it be used to glaze chicken, pork, turkey or fish also makes sense. Online, a 9.2 oz. jar is $7.00. It’s also available at several Kentucky retailers.

I've seen it about, but as much as I like bourbon, I dislike jelly...so have been unwilling to give it a shot.

That sounds awesome to use when I make Bourbon Pancakes. I will have to check out that site. It would also be great for my Bourbon baked Spam and beans and Bourbon beans. ThanKs Chuck!

Dave Z

Old Hickory America's Most Magnificent Bourbon

======================================

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.