Templeton Rye Event in Iowa

Dr. François
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

You're right that the blog post is pretty political, lots of weasal words there. Why can't they just be up front the way High West is and say, we are ageing rye but it's not ready yet so we are marketing another rye under our label. What's the harm? I respect the straightforward response a lot more.

Where does High West claim it has distilled anything or has anything in wood? Not here.

Where does High West claim it has distilled anything or has anything in wood? Not here.

Good point. It's not clear that they are distilling yet, but they are open about the fact that their whiskey is distilled elsewhere, which is the point I was trying to make.

Templeton is offering distillery tours now - I might actually be in Iowa City later this Spring, but doubt I'll have time to make the (7 hours round) trip. The "
" video focuses exclusively on the bottling (and bottle labeling) process...

Scott Bush will be at WhiskyFest in Chicago...I'd be interested in seeing if any further info can be garnered about their product (in its past, present, or future states).

Hoping to find clues as to the provenance of the juice in the bottle, I watched the video referred to here, with interest. It seems early on, that the gentleman almost refers by name, who he is making the video for, but interestingly, stops short and abrubtly. It hit me as strange, that he stopped before saying the name. :skep: He just says "friends in...." He later refers that the video is going to "our partners" and "fellas in California". I noticed that on the recent blog recently cited in this thread, he states that some of his rye was sourced from "partners" in Indiana. Could "partners" in California, be another source? I know that it has been dismissed that the rye might be sourced from Anchor in California. But, could it be a possibility, at least for part?

If they wanted to have mischevious fun they could drop false hints and just sit back and watch people scramble piecing things together....all the while hiding the true information. Of course, that would not endear them to a segment of their customer base....

You're right that the blog post is pretty political, lots of weasal words there. Why can't they just be up front the way High West is and say, we are ageing rye but it's not ready yet so we are marketing another rye under our label. What's the harm? I respect the straightforward response a lot more.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.