Hot Toddy

marco246
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Feeling a cold coming on, I prepared a hot toddy to take to bed with me last night: one shot of Fighting Cock (after all, in order to be classified "medicinal" it ought to be at least 100 proof), one tablespoon of honey, one ounce of lemon juice, and the rest (about 6 ounces) of water, as hot as you can stand.

It didn't do much for the cold, as I've still got a scratchy throat, but I slept like a stone. May just have to do it again tonight.

It didn't do much for the cold, as I've still got a scratchy throat, but I slept like a stone. May just have to do it again tonight.

IMHO, that is the benefit of a hot toddy for a cold.

Tim

Tim,

I took some more "medicine" last night before turning in. Today I have no cold symptoms. This indicates probably a weak cold virus, although one should never underestimate the therapeutic value of bourbon--and a good night's sleep.

Cheers,

Mark

Heh, heh. This reminds me of my second favorite The Beverly Hillbillies episode.

Jed let it be known that Granny had a cure for the common cold that never failed. Word got around and soon all the doctors and medical researchers were seeking out Granny. Comedy ensued. They never really caught up with Granny, but at the end, several of them had Jed cornered and were quizzing him.

So, you say Granny has a cure for the common cold?

Jed - Yep.

And it always works?

Jed - Yes, it's never failed.

And just exactly how does it work?

Jed - Well, you take a dose of her corn squeezins every night and go to bed. Then, in a week or ten days, your cold is gone.

Tim

I imagine Granny's corn squeezins could make Mr. Drysdail's secretary look like Elly May.:grin:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.