Those Aussie 'binge drinkers'!..

TNbourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Our latest govenment is really screwing with us! This is just another classic example. Who the hell considers three standard drinks binge drinking?

As an example, our federal guidelines declare a standard drink as 30 ml of Jim Beam White label at 37% ABV.

The following line really sums it up in my opinion:

"Mr Abbott accused the Federal Government of manufacturing a community frenzy about alcohol."

The whole thing reaks of fear mongering to justify their tax hikes on alcohol.

Im a 19 year old Australian and find the four beer/three wine 'binge limit' quite amusing. We must be the first country where you can be a designated driver and binge drinker at the same time.

Cheers Jack

If 3-30ml drinks of Beam at 37% get you guys classified as binge drinkers, what would 3 drinks of Bookers get you classified as, Australia's most wanted? It sounds like to government is hungry for more revenue. What an observation: 3 half drinks=binge drinker!

Thomas

Perhaps this is the latest in the revising downward of serving sizes. (not just alcohol).

According to the label on a single 11 oz can of Campbell's condensed soup, it is supposed to feed 2.5 people. Who are they kidding?

I guess I'm a binge eater as well as a binge drinker.

Give me a healthy pour or give me death!

I find the same thing when reading the serving size on the packages of various foods. I think when some of the suggested serving sizes on some of these foods were being developed, the test subject must have been a squirrel!

Thomas

3 half drinks=binge drinker!

Thomas

30ml has been the standard measure of spirits served in a bar for as long as I can remember. I much prefer the pours I got in New York - they were 50ml :D:cool: (But then, I wasn't having to consider driving over there... a whole other topic)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.