Jimmy Russell Says...

bluesbassdad
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Quoting from the

Wild Turkey web site :

"Jimmy Russell keeps his Rare Breed in the freezer so he doesn't have to add ice, which would melt and ultimately dilute the flavor."

Has anyone tried this?

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

I have . it works great stuff doesn't freeze, Well not completely I think an 80 proof would get a little slushy. It also has a way of making an unpaletteable drink go down good. I think I read in past posts that it is because the cold numbs some of the taste buds or some such.

I've tried it and didn't care for it. Taste got a little too sharp. Reminded me of pencil shavings. Not good. Freezing is good for vodka, Jaegermeister and Dutch gin, but not bourbon.

I keep London gin and (if I ever drink it, which is rare) Russian vodka in the freezer, but I've never tried it with bourbon. I had read that quote several months ago, but I'm not sure why the idea didn't appeal to me.

I guess I'm a wimp. Rare Breed is one of my top two and I occasionally drink it straight, but I usually prefer about three ounces over about seven ice cubes.

Tim

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.