A ride to Mitcher's Distillery

dave ziegler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well I went for aa ride with a friend today and we found the old Mitcher's Distillery! But Not knowing we would go there I forgot my Camera so one of these days we will go back and get some Pictures and Post them in the History section. It is a very small place and just sitting there abandon. The one warehouse has the walls fallen down and you see the old wooden racks. The buildings are not built the way that the Kinsey ones are they look to be only Cement Block painted Red! The setup looks totally different then Kinseys and some Mash tanks stand under a roof and a big tank on the top of one of the remaining Buildings. I intend to go back and take many pictures when I can. Its about 80 miles from my home. Did not get out and walk as better to wait till I have a camera if anyone comes along! I was surprised how little it was compared to Kinsey but also I loved the looks of the old Place. They from what I have read went out 2 yrs after Kinsey shut down. I am looking forward to going back. It sits at the corner of Distillery Rd and Mitcher rd back off the main rd.

Dave Z

Old Hickory America's Most Magnificent Bourbon

--------------------------------------------------

Been there Dave. Another great distillery that sits in ruin.

Joe :usflag:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.