Traveling out of the country....

tsh3406
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

To Costa Rica in mid August. Will be flying from Kansas City International to Denver, then on to San Jose. Can any of you tell me ahead of time if I'll have any chances to get my hands on any bourbon not availible in the US? What should I look for and how do I get it back here when I head home?

Thanks,

Tim

Do you like rum? I would guess, in terms of things unavailable in the US, rum would be a better bet. There are definitely some available there that are not in the US.

To Costa Rica in mid August. Will be flying from Kansas City International to Denver, then on to San Jose. Can any of you tell me ahead of time if I'll have any chances to get my hands on any bourbon not availible in the US? What should I look for and how do I get it back here when I head home?

Thanks,

Tim

I assume you mean San Jose Costa Rica, verdad? If so, WT 12 was avaliable a couple of months ago. If you are into SMS, they had Highland Park 25 for $130, a very good deal, and the Cuban Rum bassed Glenfiddich 21 for $80...Both are wonderful.

I have been to San Jose a couple of times in the last couple of years. I don't recall any bourbons of note in the Duty Free. Too busy buying cigars I guess.

Joe :usflag:

Yes, Costa Rica....

I will say I know nothing of rum, the only thing availible in my area are the mixers, the flavored stuff. I am very interesed though, so if you all can point me in the direction of bottlings not likely found in the states, I'd appreciate it. I figured some WT bourbons could be counted on, I'll watch for the SMS too, again, nothing exceptional around here of that variety. Will pick up a few good smokes for the trip as well.

Thanks,

Tim

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.