What does a neat bar drink of EW 12yo go for?

SippinJim
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was at a bar the other night and saw an unopened bottle of Evan Williams 12yo on the top shelf. I asked the BT how much for a drink (probably a jigger/1.5 oz) he said $12.00 :eek:. What would this go for in your area?

I have yet to see or hear of an EW 12yr. What color was the label? Was there a proof on the bottle?

I would guess that it should be the same price as comperable bourbons of equal age.

I've had the EW 12 (red label, square bottle) in Japan and can vouch for it as a tasty pour. $12/shot seems steep (a bottle goes for about $20 over there) but it's probably worth it for its unavailability Stateside.

I have yet to see or hear of an EW 12yr. What color was the label? Was there a proof on the bottle?

Sorry, don't know where I got the 12 yo. It was EW single barrel.

I have seen the 15yr in the burgandy label...

The Single Barrel is way overpriced at $12 per shot.

What Jeff said. I'd top out at about $8 for EWSB at a fancy place. ($12 a shot is usually Hirsch/Pappy territory!)

Wow! I must have overpaid when I was on vacation. Went to dinner at a very nice restaurant in Marco Island Florida (Tara). Had a manhattan with EWSB, and it cost me $15. I must admit, it was good though. Joe

Alot of the price difference can be attributed to what the bar stocks and how it prices each level of labels. Say if, EWSB is the best bourbon they display....then it will be priced in the Super Premium or highest catagory.

If they have some bourbons that are priced higher than EWSB....then it could be a Premium, Top Shelf, or Middle shelf....depending on the lineup and where the bar is trying to make its money.

They will also bump the price when you hand make the cocktail. But, all these are subject to the bar and managment philosophies.

Isn't a bottle of EWSB aroung $24 per 750ml? Those bar prices seem really high...to me.

Alot of the price difference can be attributed to what the bar stocks and how it prices each level of labels. Say if, EWSB is the best bourbon they display....then it will be priced in the Super Premium or highest catagory.

This was a bar at a Mexican restaurant so their main pour is of course tequila. The only other bourbon they had beside the EWSB was Jim Beam white label.

Are you kidding me, $12.00 for a shot. Wow, you can buy the whole bottle here for $18.99.

Chris

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.