I am running through the stouts

HipFlask
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Ok...I am still having fun here. I am finding a definate preference for Imperail Stouts. Thanks to this post I found some Great Divide Yeti Oak aged> AMAZING STUFF. Try it if you can find it. I also had an oppurtunity to try some Grumpy Troll Oak aged stout and their Spaz stout. At the Palm in Milwaukee I found Old Rasputin Stout and a Bourbon barrel stout from Michigan that wasn't so sweet. I will be making note of the names next time I go there. Now I will need to go back and hit up some of the Irish style Stouts that I have not had a chance to try. Also can anyone tell me about this Oatmeal thing that seems to appear in lot of American Micro brew RIS?

Damn Phischy that is quite the list of beer. You must have gone through a lengthy and bureucratic waiting period in order to purchase all of that beer. Did you bribe the Alcohol control officer to have your tasting? ;) just kiddin bud.

• 2 weeks later...

We had a few guys pooling together to get it done. But I traded for the bulk of it, expensive and long process.

Our next out-of-this-world tasting is going to be a Lost Abbey tasting. Some of the guys have been sitting on beer for 3 years. But with football season/beer fest season and holiday's, not sure if we're going to get around to this in '08.

When I was at GABF I was looking mostly for porters/stouts on Saturday. I was amazed at how many butter bombs i had (off flavor tastes like movie-theater popcorn butter, callied Diacyetal). Is a huge indication the brewer screwed up.

Another tasting I'll have in '09 is porters. Lots of good stuff out there and it helps to spread the cost around by finding other beer geeks in your area and pooling your resources.

Last night I picked up a Great Divide Yeti and Oak Aged Yeti Stout. I currently have Victory HopDevil on tap so I'm not sure when I'll get to them but I'm sure looking forward to it.

I've had the BORIS and choklat.

As I look at all 35 empty bottles of craft beer in my bar, the BORIS was my favorite. And a close second to choklat.

I enjoy imperial pale ales also. But I remember the BORIS. It was one of those, "Dang this is a great beer" during every sip. I enjoyed it that much.

Last night I picked up a Great Divide Yeti and Oak Aged Yeti Stout. I currently have Victory HopDevil on tap so I'm not sure when I'll get to them but I'm sure looking forward to it.

I was lucky enough to try barrel aged yeti this past weekend. It was very very good and I've got a bottle of oaked yeti in my fridge right now.

I was lucky enough to try barrel aged yeti this past weekend. It was very very good and I've got a bottle of oaked yeti in my fridge right now.

I see you live in San Diego, what do you think about AleSmith? They seem to do very well in Rate Beer and Beer Advocate. More importantly what about Rocket from the Crypt?

I see you live in San Diego, what do you think about AleSmith? They seem to do very well in Rate Beer and Beer Advocate. More importantly what about Rocket from the Crypt?

Alesmith is one of my favorite breweries. Their barrel aged beer is rare and fantastic. Currently I'm taking a BJCP class hosted by Peter Zein, head brewer at Alesmith and Grand Master Judge. He's a pretty cool guy. I'm warming up very slowly to belgian style beers, which is about 1/2 of what they make. Currently their Evil Dead Red in out and it's...just amazing.

Unfortunately I don't think their stuff gets to the East Coast, I'll have to ask my local distributor to see.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.