Wild Turkey American Spirit 15-year "Bottled In Bond" Special Found

Brbnlvr
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I stumbled on this today will at Hi-Time and bought one bottle. They are selling it for $69.99 to "reduce inventory." Thought I would pass it on. Today, 07/26/08 is the last day to get it at this price and the store closes at 9PM (Pacific Time) or I guess you can buy it online at hitimewine.net.

If this type of post is not in line with the rules of the forum, please accept my apology. I'm just trying to pass on, what I thought, was a smokin' deal.

American Spirit is 90 bucks here in MI.

I'd pick that one up if I were you.

I stumbled on this today will at Hi-Time and bought one bottle. They are selling it for $69.99 to "reduce inventory." Thought I would pass it on. Today, 07/26/08 is the last day to get it at this price and the store closes at 9PM (Pacific Time) or I guess you can buy it online at hitimewine.net.

If this type of post is not in line with the rules of the forum, please accept my apology. I'm just trying to pass on, what I thought, was a smokin' deal.

What a poor time to be among the unemployed. Normally I would be on my way to Costa Mesa.

That was, indeed, an outstanding deal.

I don't know how long it will be available for under $99 (the suggested retail price). It can certainly be found for less in a lot of places right now, but since it is a one-off (like the WT Tribute) it is bound to go up in price in a few years.

This is one of those Bourbons that I advise my customers to get now if it is a particular favorite of theirs.

To top it off through today they are having a 10% discount with coupon code SUMMER08. I just happen to be heading to Anaheim on vacation Saturday so I placed a significant order for pickup at the store. I ordered one more American Spirit to add to my existing stock as well as mulitple bottles of their own store barrel selections and some other deals that were too good to pass up. With the 10% off of some already good prices on many things I used it as a stock up opportunity.

They only ship spirits in-state but my orders from them in the past they have done well. And the shipping was reasonable cost for the service. IT came via a private express courier.

I have not posted to what did you purchase today recently but once I pick them up and return home I may.

Ken

I just checked the internet and this deal is still available, so apparently they have more inventory to get rid of....

• 9 months later...

I have had this open for a wile now and tasted it 4 or 5 times. The taste was a very big surprise and a big disappointment. Very light body and flavours and the collar is very pale for the distillery, proof and age. Not much wood in it ether and the main flavour seem to be honey. The second time I tasted it was side by side with a 12-year export. The 12 were enormously flavourful in comparing and far darker in collar. Jimmy has to have found the barrels in a very, very cold place. Probably in the basement under the warehouse. I would never ever have guessed it were a Turkey if I had been served it blind.

Leif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.