You Have To Fight For Your Right To Party.

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Thank You for posting this. Making a profit goes along with assuming the hours and the labor that it takes to run a proper bar. Think about it.

Thanks Chuck.

I filled out the information and clicked submit.

I'm always up for fighting taxes

Under the section where it asks "who are you", meaning how is your occupation connected to the hospitality industry, based on the multiple choice, in the "other" section I put I just like to drink and eat out. I was tempted to put "Chuck sent me" :grin:

You are welcome to come here to Sweden and protest as well. The alcohol tax on a 75 cl 100 proof bottle is about 32 USD and upon that it is a 25% sale tax. If I try to find anything positive witch is hard, it would be that the alcohol tax is only the alcohol. That mean it is the same on a cheap spirit as on a very expensive one.

I use to say that it is this taxes alongside our bistre climate and rush working climate that make more people die of suicide than car-accident here.

Leif

The Federal Excise Tax (FET), which is the largest single tax on liquor in the U.S., is also a tax on the alcohol itself, in that it is based on the alcohol content, not a percentage of the product's price, like a sales tax. The current rate is $13.50 per proof gallon. A "proof gallon" is one gallon of 100 proof spirit. That has been the rate since the mid-1980s and there are proposals to raise it.

I propose getting rid of all alcohol taxes will reduce poverty in this country by a significant amount. It would also lower the amount of money that is needed for welfare.

I propose getting rid of all alcohol taxes will reduce poverty in this country by a significant amount. It would also lower the amount of money that is needed for welfare.

I would love to hear how you justify those statements.

1. How would it reduce poverty?

2. How would it lower the amount of money needed for welfare?

I would love to hear how you justify those statements.

1. How would it reduce poverty?

2. How would it lower the amount of money needed for welfare?

I don't claim to have any facts nor do I claim to have given this subject any thought, however, the less money people make the larger percentage of their income they spend on alcohol. Two scenarios will result.

1) people drink the same amount and end up having more money for food and clothes

2) people consume more alcohol due to the lower cost, resulting in more deaths from alcohol poisoning, lowering the number of people in poverty

A lower cost would also mean that more alcohol would be sold nation wide, creating thousands of jobs.

So the conclusion I make is that the alcohol tax is killing lower class americans by pushing them into poverty.

So the conclusion I make is that the alcohol tax is killing lower class americans by pushing them into poverty.

But you wish to kill even more of them through alcohol poisoning?

This is an interesting concept, and while I always enjoy a "strongest survive" scenario, I doubt this one would pass muster...

Thing is...poverty level is based purely on income...it cares not what you actually spend that money on...if you want to spent your limited funds on caviar and champagne, the stats could care less....though after a day or two you'll be quite hungry.

nor do I claim to have given this subject any thought

If you aren't bothering to give you statements any thought, why bother posting them?

Thing is...poverty level is based purely on income...

That's an oversimplification.

There is a statistical number that people like to put on poverty. It states that if you make $10,400 you are in poverty, if you make $10,401 then you are not.

If you aren't bothering to give you statements any thought, why bother posting them?

In the hopes I will create followers and one day have an army to help me take over the world. If I don't put thought into anything, no one can argue with me on an intellectual basis, and I can catch them off guard and turn them.

That's an oversimplification.

There is a statistical number that people like to put on poverty. It states that if you make $10,400 you are in poverty, if you make $10,401 then you are not.

I don't think it would be considered an oversimplification when it is the official definition of poverty in the US...not being willing to make the sacrifices needed to live on a greater salary doesn't make you in poverty.

That same study shows that male widowers earn 20% more than non-widowers...does that mean that everyone should kill their wives? (Ladies don't bother to kill your husbands, you'll earn .4% less, actually you shouldn't get married at all, as you'll earn 9% less by saying "I do")

The study also notes that it is contradicted by another study on the alcohol to earnings issue. The study also doesn't break down this supposed increase in pay by income levels.

Maybe instead we should convert them all to being Jewish as they earn 35% more (15% for females)

Maybe instead we should convert them all to being Jewish as they earn 35% more (15% for females)

Oy vey!

Okay, where's my raise?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.