Bourbon Shopping in Virginia

Guest **DONOTDELETE**
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

We've got a pretty good sale on this month, so it being payday I waited for the ABC store to open and went shopping. Here's what I bought => 1.74l's of Ancient Ancient Age 10 year old were on sale for $20.95. I picked up a case of six for a total of $125.70! Blanton's (yes Blanton's!) was on sale for $36.90 (vs. $42.90) so I picked up two 750ml's. KNOB CREEK 1.75l's were on sale for $42.90 (vs. 49.90).I bought it, but it was the only one they had, but the month is young and I'm sure to pick up four or five more before the sale ends. 750ml's of Jim Beam black are on sale for $13.95 vs. $16.45 so I picked up two bottles. I'd rather have the Knob Creek, but you've got to save a buck where you can. Some of you will raise an eyebrow here , but Rebel Yell was on sale at $10.45 (vs. $12.45) so I picked up a 750ml just for 'the yell of it'. Call me crazy. It won't be the first time. then I went slummin' on the bottom shelf, and picked upa 750ml of 'Ten High' for $6.75. Expect to see a tasting soon. Total bourbon bill including tax = $300,44 Total savings = $44.05 It's fun to be a smart shopper! laugh.gif

WOW. Blanton's and AAA at a discount. Maybe you died and went to the great barrel race in the sky!

Ya got top shelf and well bourbon! (not my well, but the average bar).

According to my rough calculations, that's about 575 ounces of bourbon or in the average bar about 380 shots.

now if you just had a bar and could charge an average of $2 a shot you'd get your money back in a hurry! grin.gif

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Greg,Given my bourbon outlay, if I only had a good band that could play the real blues I'd only loose 100% of my investment vs. 300% on the NASDAQ. I am hurtin' fo' certin'! Good Gawd Almighty Give The Drummer Some! grin.gif

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

No you didn't C.L.! You made the right choice and bought two bottles of Wathen's smile.gif Now that's a happy thing to do! You don't live very far away from Virginia so it's not out of the question for you to catch some of this months sale prices.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.