PDA

View Full Version : Another Ohio Guy

Paramedic
08-01-2008, 19:32
Hello all,

I've been reading the forums for awhile and decided to join. I've been a bourbon drinker for several years, having stuck to mostly Jim Beam. That was until my father made a trip to Bardstown for the festival 2 years ago and brought back Eagle Rare, 4 Roses Small Batch(My personal favorite), Elijah Craig Single Barrel along with many others. That was it for me, I was hooked.

I love trying new bourbons and this year I will be going to the KBF for the first time, well the last 3 days of it anyway.

ThomasH
08-01-2008, 19:42
Welcome to SB from a fellow Ohioan. You are located near a decent place to hunt for bourbon not available in Ohio: Pittsburgh. Any harder to find bourbon that Pa. may get is guaranteed to show up in Pittsburgh. The selection there is also better than Ohio's!

Thomas

callmeox
08-01-2008, 20:13
Welcome from one of the other regular Ohioans here at SB! You have WV and PA at your disposal, so you're not limited to the mid-bottom shelf selectionthat Ohio seems to favor.

Dig in, ask questions and learn. This place is a great resource.

fishnbowljoe
08-01-2008, 21:31
Welcome to SB James. You've come to the right place. All you ever wanted to know about bourbon, but were afraid to ask. :slappin: But seriously.... Good place, good people, good times. Jump right in and have some fun. Maybe you'll get to meet me and my long lost evil brother (Scott aka callmeox) at the KBF. Looking forward to meeting you. Joe

shaman
08-02-2008, 14:58
Welcome.

I hope you find everyone here to be as friendly and helpful as I have.

smokinjoe
08-02-2008, 15:47
Welcome, Paramedic. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here. Just make sure you make it by the Gazebo at the Best Western General Nelson Hotel. Maybe, you're already staying there? If you thought you were hooked after your dad came back with some goods from the KBF, wait till you see the table at the gazebo! :woohoo:

See you in Bardstown.

:toast:

JOE

Paramedic
08-04-2008, 06:16
Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm not staying at the General Nelson, I tried but this trip was a last minute thing and they were bokked the entire week. Do you have to be staying there to go to the Gazebo?