PDA

View Full Version : My Daily Haul Home

MJL
09-18-2008, 19:17
I had a minor back operation yesterday that mandated I take that day and today off work to recover. I decided to head to work today to see how things had gone in my absence but took a rather long way to there first. I headed up to the Little Havana district to pick up some cigars from a favored roller and along the way check out some liquor stores.

I found one little store closing out older liter bottles of Old Forester for $11.00. I picked up the remainder of their stock (4) for my future use. I have found this is quickly becoming a favored drink of mine.

The elusive Van Winkle brand does not appear too often in this area. I did locate two bottles that I took home. The sellers were more than happy to be rid of these bottles as they both told me they were concerned they would never sell. I made their day and they made mine. I picked up a bottle of Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye and a bottle of Van Winkle 12 Year Old Lot B.

As I have stated in another post I also found a small seller closing out bottles of Forty Creek. I planned on taking home two of the 1.75ml bottles for $21.99 but ended up taking four as I smelled a bargain. I am glad I did so as this turned out to be a very nice drink.

I spotted but did not take home, due to my need to do research, a bottle of Wild Turkey Tribute for $114 and another bottle of Wild Turkey American Spirit for $79. This makes the second bottle Wild Turkey American Spirit for that price. I will likely go back and retrieve one or both of those bottles soon. Is the Tribute worth picking up even for that high price?

MJL
09-20-2008, 06:23
I had to stay late at work to discuss matters with my intern so I got out much later than I reckoned. I went and fetched one of the Bottles of Wild Turkey American Spirit and another bottle of Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye. I still wonder if the Wild Turkey Tribute is worthy of picking up. I will, given time, pick up the other bottle of American Spirit but money is lacking these days so this may take a month or so.

luv2hunt
09-21-2008, 15:34
Yes, the Tribute is good.....original price was $85. It hasn't been available for awhile. If you've never had it.....buy it and compare to your Am Spirit. Very different :)

Dawn

MJL
09-21-2008, 15:54
Dawn,

Thanks for that reply. It may well be upwards of a month before I can afford to pick up that bottle so I hope it will be there when I do so. I had basically decided to do so but really appreciate all and any input I can find.