PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Chicago

Lost Pollito
09-27-2008, 09:32
Hello All,
Just wanted to say hello and Thank you to all. I really love this site. Tons of information and great people enjoying my favorite thing.... Bourbon! I'm lucky enough to have tried numerous bourbons and scotches. However, the more I learn, the more I realize that I know very little. You guy's and gal's are great to learn with. I look forward to learning, sharing, and of course drinking more Bourbon. Thanks again for all the information. I look forward to jumping into some threads.
Joe

Jono
09-27-2008, 10:51
Welcome! I see your favs....Any George T. Stagg , Old Fits BIB , Elmer T. Lee, VOB BIB , Pappy's of any age, Willets FR, Four Roses, and of course Wild Turkey.

Good choices....

fishnbowljoe
09-27-2008, 11:38
Hi Joe, Welcome to SB. Finally, a new member from Illinois! Thought those Michigan guys were gonna over run us all.:lol: You came to the right place. Like I have said to many new members, you'll have some fun, meet some great people, and learn a thing or two along the way. Learning about bourbon is fun, interesting, and what I call expansive. By expansive, I mean you learn one thing, and it leads to something else, and something else, and something else..... etc. Kinda like a Christmas tree from the top down. It keeps getting larger and branches out more the farther you get into it. It can be a little frustrating sometimes. Especially if you have a memory like mine.:rolleyes: Hope you enjoy yourself. Looking forward to your posts. Joe (the Rockford one :grin: )

Jono
09-27-2008, 16:46
Speaking of local SBers....I have been waiting for some time to try a little "McHenry Gazebo".....would a weekend in October or early November work for those local SBer who might want a get together?

Dr. François
09-28-2008, 10:30
Welcome from across the lake!

bluesbassdad
09-28-2008, 12:45
Joe,

Welcome to the group!

A glance at your public profile reveals that you are in the booze biz. Although blatant advertising is frowned on here, I'd bet the admins wouldn't object if you were to mention your place of employment. Then again, maybe you'd rather not, and that's OK.

You have an eye-catching ID. Is "pollito" Spanish for "little chicken"?

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

callmeox
09-28-2008, 15:39
Welcome to SB, Joe! I'd refer you to my favorite Chicago area liquor retailer, but I think you're already familiar with it. :grin:

I'm looking forward to your contributions.

Lost Pollito
09-29-2008, 11:46
Thanks for the welcome everyone. "Pollito" is indeed spanish for Little Chicken. I've got a band called "The Lost Pollitos' . I happen to find myself working in the Biz. I work with Brett at Binnys in the south loop. Don't worry, no advertising from me. Just here for discussion and learning. Jono, I'm always down for tasting with other bourbon lovers.

smokinjoe
09-30-2008, 15:46
Welcome, Joe. No need for you to do any advertising for Binny's here. We are such fans of you guys, we'll do all the advertising you'll ever need.

Now, about that discount...:D

bluesbassdad
09-30-2008, 16:10
Welcome, Joe. No need for you to do any advertising for Binny's here. We are such fans of you guys, we'll do all the advertising you'll ever need.

[snip]

Hear, hear! Even though I was only an infrequent customer back in my California days, Brett(?) always responded promptly to my inquiries and personally handled my orders on occasion when the online system went awry.

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

Lost Pollito
09-30-2008, 17:17
Thanks for the kind word's. I feel lucky being able to make a living with Whiskey.