PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Norway !

ThomasW
10-07-2008, 10:58
Hello and thanks for a truly great site ! I have been lurking around for sometime. But know I have finally joined up. The knowledge of the members are truly fantastic, I have learned a great deal and hope to learn a great deal more ! Thanks for letting me join !

OscarV
10-07-2008, 11:24
Welcome aboard Thomas,
There are a couple of SB.com members up in your part of the world.

spun_cookie
10-07-2008, 12:17
Welcome Thomas... good to see moe overseas participation...

mozilla
10-07-2008, 13:06
Welcome to the Board.

What bourbons are available in Norway? Have you found any to be a favorite?

BourbonJoe
10-07-2008, 13:54
Welcome Thomas.
Joe :usflag:

PhilsFan
10-07-2008, 15:53
Thomas, Welcome aboard!

-Joe

ThomasW
10-08-2008, 12:12
Welcome to the Board.

What bourbons are available in Norway? Have you found any to be a favorite?
The bourbon selection in Norway is nothing to brag about! Norway is truly a bourbon wasteland!
The ones available are Jim Beam white, Jim Beam black, Four Roses, Four Roses SB, John Lee, Maker's Mark, Old Bardstown 10yo, Johnny Drum 12yo, Kentucky Vintage, Rowan's Creek, Pure Kentucky and Noah's Mill.
On the Tennessee side we have Jack Daniel's, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel's SB. That's all folks !!!
My favorites among these are Jim Beam Black, Four Roses SB, Maker's Mark and Pure Kentucky.
Some years ago we also had Evan Williams, Rebel Yell, Knob Creek, Baker's and Basil Hayden, but they have all disappeared from the shelves.
But lucky for me, Denmark is not too far away and there they have a great selection of bourbon. So I am in Denmark once or twice a year and then I really fill up my bunker !!!

OscarV
10-08-2008, 12:22
At a party once a friend from Norway, Nils Vitso brought some aquavit and passed it around, no one liked it.
Someone put a bottle of Wild Turkey in his hands and he did not want to try it but buckled under and took a swig.
He started to hand the bottle back immediatly and you could see him bracing for the worse, but then a smile came across his face and he looked at the label of the Turkey and said, "No more aquavit for me."

ThomasW
10-08-2008, 13:16
Great story ! If more Norwegians could get the chance to try bourbon, it would be far more popular here.

jeff
10-08-2008, 15:39
Welcome Thomas! :toast:

fishnbowljoe
10-09-2008, 13:14
Welcome Thomas. Great to have you. Joe

MJL
11-02-2008, 09:55
I spent a cold, wet summer backpacking and camping all over Norway. I ended up spending the most time around Stavanger fjord. At the time I think I was too young to enjoy what I was seeing. In fact I spent much of the time trying to keep dry and warm. In retrospect, the experience and country have stuck in my mind and I yearn to return one day.