PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Vegas/Nashville!

mandujano87
12-30-2008, 10:26
Hi all! My name is Brent and I'm 21-year-old college student at Vandy (although I spend my summers with my folks in Vegas). I'm relatively new to the bourbon world but I'm already in love with America's favorite spirit and so far have 5 brands: 1792 RR, KC, Bulleit (which I have yet to actually taste), Maker's, and Four Roses SB. I'll be looking to expand on this collection once I get back on campus in January. Anyway, just thought I'd say hello and introduce myself to you guys. Hope we can have some great discussions on this excellent beverage!:cool:

OscarV
12-30-2008, 10:33
Welcome aboard Brent.
While Vandy is a good school, you however have found the college-of-bourbon-knowledge.
I'm still working on my degree, I consider myself a second semester sophomore.

fishnbowljoe
12-30-2008, 22:05
Welcome Brent. You came to the right place to learn about bourbon. There's a lot of people here that know a lot about bourbon. The great thing is, they'll share that knowledge for free! Well, for the most part anyway. It might cost you in the long run though.:lol: Joe

spun_cookie
12-30-2008, 22:11
Welcoem Brent... I was once NV bound... North of you in Tahoe...

Hope we can have some great discussions on this excellent beverage!:cool:

This is without a doubt...

mandujano87
01-01-2009, 20:00
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! So, any advice on what my next pours should be? Since I'm lucky enough to live in a state just south of the bourbon trail my liquor store carries an impressive variety of bourbons so my options aren't very limited. The ones on my hit-list are EC (I don't know if I should opt for the 12 yr or 18 yr), Booker's, Van Winkle, and Eagle Rare. I considered Woodford but I read in the forums that it has suffered from a recent decrease in quality. Thoughts or suggestions?

funknik
01-01-2009, 20:02
Joe, go for the EC12 before the 18yr and definitely give the Eagle Rare a spin. Welcome aboard.

callmeox
01-01-2009, 20:07
Welcome aboard.

Check out this thread for more recommendations.

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8142

Psilocide
02-04-2009, 14:51
Hey Brent,
Question for you - I'm in Vegas myself - I wondered if you've had any luck finding any good bourbons out here. I've been living on Bulleit, but havent had much luck finding anything else that's very good.