PDA

View Full Version : All the way from The Netherlands

aberlour
01-18-2009, 01:57
Let me start to introduce myself.
I am 39 years old and I am from The Netherlands.
I started to drink whisky (Mansion House) when I was about 22.
Some years later I bought my first single malt: Aberlour and after that I bought my first bourbon: Blanton's

At this moment I am developing a whisky and bourbon sites directory www.whiskysites.com (http://www.whiskysites.com) and of course I also added this forum, so maybe in the future this forum will get some hits through the link on my site.
I hope the moderator/webmaster of this forum doesn't consider this message as spam because I really need your help.
I want to ask you to tell me your favorite whisky/whiskey/bourbon site so I can add them.
Feel free to give me some feedback on the site and please let me know when I used "bad English" somewhere.

fishnbowljoe
01-18-2009, 07:10
Welcome Aberlour, It's good to have you here. I always like it when we get new members from other countries. It's good to have input from a completely different perspective. Hope you like it here. Joe

PS. Don't worry about your English. Some of us here have a tough time with our own language. :-)

kickert
01-18-2009, 07:19
Greetings. My family originally came from the Netherlands. We Americanized our name. From what I have been told, there are still many Kikkerts on the island of Texel.

spun_cookie
01-18-2009, 07:41
Welcome abelour. Nice to have another member from accross the pond. Nice little site you have.

Do you drink bourbon? And if so, what do you get over there to drink?

I look forward to your participation and cross insite with all the whisk(e)y sites you must be visiting.

aberlour
02-24-2009, 06:35
Do you drink bourbon? And if so, what do you get over there to drink?

Most of the time I drink Scotch single malt whisky, but when I drink bourbon my favorite brand is Blanton's.