PDA

View Full Version : what bourbons (unavailable HERE) are available in duty free airports?

polyamnesia
01-31-2009, 17:32
i have a relative in the UK now...what bourbons or any american whiskies of interest are available in the airports? heck, is there a map or list of what's available in all duty free zones?

MissingKY
01-31-2009, 18:43
If you can still get the current Wild Turkey 8 y.o., I think it's really terrific. Definitely worth seeking out.

polyamnesia
01-31-2009, 18:47
one i would like to find...found an OLD dusty last year...one of the best i ever had

ggilbertva
01-31-2009, 19:46
Bourbon selections aren't that great in the Duty Free. I've actually had better luck in stores. I picked up Blanton's Silver, Gold and SFTB, and Four Roses Yellow in international shops. Duty free has the WT 8 year but that's probably the only thing that would interest me. If your relative is in the UK, the WhiskeyExchange has a very large selection of bourbons, prices are high but they have stuff we can't get here in the U.S.

rockporter
02-05-2009, 06:51
Having just traveled and looking through the duty free shops - bourbons are few and far between -just some Jim Beam.