PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Balmy Northeast Ohio

jlinden7
02-08-2009, 14:29
The weather here in Northeast Ohio has finally broken (for now) giving me an opportunity to say hello to those here on SB. I finally joined after being a stalker for the last 6-7 months.

I had my first "real" introduction to Bourbon about 18 months or so ago. I scouring the shelves of my local store (of course, it is pretty limited here in Ohio) for something different and picked up a bottle of Blanton's. I was very pleasantly surprising at the flavor profile compared to the Scotch & Canadian Whiskey's I came to know. That slowly started me on my journey to some of the other premiums available to us in Ohio, mainly WTRB, Buffalo Trace, & Bulleit. My eyes were really opened up when I was introduced to FRSB last spring.

I continued to fulfill my new obsession last September when I took a 5 day Sabbatical to Bourbon Country and toured all of the distilleries. This has become one of the coolest experiences of my life. I was truly privileged when I had the opportunity to spend one one on one time with Al Young & Rutledge. I must give props to callmeox for turning me onto FR.

I enjoy collecting currently available bottlings, given there isn't really a market for dusty collecting in Ohio. I do plan on visiting New York next week, an I am charting a course which happens to take me to some of the stores across the southern part of the state, then into NYC. If you have any recommendations for me please do share.

spun_cookie
02-08-2009, 14:57
Welcome jl.... enjoy your trip to NYC and let us know how the trip goes

Blitz
02-08-2009, 15:40
Welcome.

You'll fit in here just fine. Similar to you, I was transformed from a casual bourbon drinker to a bourbon enthusiast after I visited the distilleries last August.

callmeox
02-08-2009, 17:46
Welcome aboard, Jason!

If you want to being me back a surprise bottle from NY, I won't be offended. :grin:

DeanSheen
02-08-2009, 18:42
Another new poster & local saying hello.

It's frustrating the selection here but the journey is part of the fun I suppose.

fishnbowljoe
02-09-2009, 16:53
Welcome Jason, You've come to the right place. You've got a few members up in your neck of the woods that'll hopefully be of some assistance to you. This place is good about that. I take it you've already met Scott. (callmeox) We were rookies at the KBF last fall, and hung out together. He's a good guy. You'll find lot's of good folks here on SB. As I am fond of saying, "Good folks, good bourbon, and good times." Hope you enjoy yourself and have a little fun at the same time. Joe

jlinden7
02-09-2009, 17:21
. I take it you've already met Scott. (callmeox)

Yes - I just happen to know Scott from Ohio. I will withhold all comments about him for legal reasons. I almost made it down to KBR last year but ended up going down the week after.