PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone, From Brian (Maddog918)

Maddog918
03-23-2009, 12:05
Hi guys and gals,
I started drinking Jack SB and liked it. I toured the Jack Distillery and the Dickle one, as well. I enjoyed both. I want to tour some others in the next couple of years. However, it's a long drive from California. I've tried some bourbons and really enjoy the flavors. I hope you'll bare with me if I ask some stupid questions.

Thanks,
Brian

Josh
03-23-2009, 12:25
I will only bear with your stupid questions if you bear with my stupid jokes!

Seriously, welcome. I've never been to either of the TN distilleries. I can't seem to get past Kentucky when I drive south. If you ever make it to Kentucky there are several really great tours. Maker's Mark and Woodford Reserve are very good ones that I've been on. I'm planning on going to the hardhat tour at Buffalo Trace in a few weeks, and that is a very popular one too. Heaven Hill, Wild Turkey and Four Roses also have partial tours. There's even a whole section of the forum devoted to distillery tours. Again, welcome!

Maddog918
03-23-2009, 13:44
Thanks for the kind welcome.

Thats the kind of information I'm looking for. I hope to make it to Kentucky soon. I hear it is Beautiful.

fishnbowljoe
03-23-2009, 16:01
Welcome Brian, Like Josh said, I'll bear with your stupid questions if you bear with my stupid jokes. That being said, I bowl with some guys that are devout JD drinkers. I like to taunt with my bourbons. Most of what I let them try, they don't care for. Then I tell them I can't figure out why, because bourbon is just like JD, only difference being that bourbon has flavor. :slappin: It's all in good fun. We get together regularly, along with our wives, and always have a good time.

As far as distillery tours go, do a search on the site, You'll get all the info you need. On the home screen there is a "makers" icon you can click on. That will take you to a screen that has all the distilleries. Take some time and check out their websites.

As a side note, folks here might be able to help a bit more if you filled out your profile with some more information. You wouldn't believe how the availability of bourbons varies from state to state, and in different regions in general. The more we know about you, the easier it is to provide useful information. Anyway, welcome again, and get ready to have some fun and learn a thing or two about bourbon. Enjoy. Joe

squire
03-24-2009, 21:41
Hey Brian, welcome aboard. What are the other Bourbons you mentioned that you like?

Maddog918
03-24-2009, 22:09
I really like Woodford Reserve and I've had some Makers Mark, that's good as well. I just bought a bottle of FourRoses Small Batch. A good bourbon but I think i like Woodford better. Thats about it.

I would like to taste a rye. But haven't done that yet.

squire
03-24-2009, 22:12
Brian, it's a great journey. If you can get it Rittenhouse Rye at 100 proof would be a good introduction to ryes.

Maddog918
03-25-2009, 22:23
Thanks Squire,

I've seen Rittenhouse I will give it a try.