PDA

View Full Version : hello from the south of France

laficion
06-10-2009, 16:31
Hello everyone,

It has been some years now that I've become interested in Bourbon but, as you may imagine, Living in the south of France plus in a small town surronded by vineyards, It's more wine them Bourbon. I don't think that I'll have any chances of finding a Dusty, as you say, in a nearby store.
But thanks to some good friends in the states, I'm starting my Bourbon education. I joined Straight Bourbon Forum today and I am very pleased to be here and hope to have a good look at every aspect and above all, learn from all of you,From what I've read already, You all have a true passion for Bourbon and some,are true experts on the suject. I already have a passion and that is the cigar and If there is one thing that goes well with a great Bourbon, It's a great cigar, Habanos of course, LOL
Anyway, thank you for having me on this fine forum and for reading me out. I hope to post some questions I have on Bourbon soon but there is no hurry, first I'll just lay back and read some of the great posts that I've seen already so as to get in the atmosphere of the forum and not ask stupid questions. Thank you and now I'll have a good nip, Ciao

Virus_Of_Life
06-10-2009, 16:40
Welcome to the site, glad to have you and see the love of bourbon penetrates even wine rich areas of France.

Stones
06-10-2009, 16:49
Welcome Laficion! I have been here only a short time compared to some of the original members but have learnt so much already, this wealth of knowledge will get you thinking about bourbon day and night if you aren't already. jouir de! :grin:

tommyboy38
06-10-2009, 17:27
Welcome to the site. I've learned much from reading the links at the bottom of the page listing related posts going back over the years so you can see how things progress as time goes on.

ratcheer
06-10-2009, 17:56
It is nice to hear from you, Laficion. Welcome to SB.com!

Tim

Josh
06-10-2009, 17:59
Welcome! And don't despair over the dusties. Sometimes the best hunting grounds are the most unlikely ones.

Glad you have joined our little community, and enjoy the magnificent journey that is bourbon!

independant
06-10-2009, 18:18
Welcome to SB. Post early and often

p_elliott
06-11-2009, 07:20
Welcome aboard and the only stupid question is, is the one you did not ask. So ask away someone can and will answer.

fishnbowljoe
06-11-2009, 14:45
Welcome to SB.com Laficion. Glad you decided to join us. It's always interesting to get posts from our members that are not located here in the states. Sometimes it's sobering (:slappin: pun intended) to be able to see things from a completely different perspective. If you wanted to learn more about bourbon, you've come to the right place. So........, search some threads, ask a few questions, and be prepared to meet some new people and have a little fun too. There's a lot of great people here with an unbelievable amount of information. The neat thing is, they gladly share it. :grin: Again, welcome and let your bourbon education begin! :woohoo: Joe

Sijan
07-27-2009, 08:03
Welcome! Where do you live in the South of France? My wife and I were just there on our honeymoon a week or so before your post...