PDA

View Full Version : Hello, and thanks for a great forum

Big TR
10-01-2009, 19:04
As already mentioned, thanks for a great forum. I'm just south of Nashville and have a pretty wide selection of bourbons from which to choose.

My present stash includes:

Blanton's Single Barrel
Van Winkle Special Reserve 12 yr. Lot B
Knob Creek
Booker's True Barrel (aka fire water)
Rowan's Creek
Buffalo Trace
Wild Turkey KY Spirit
Wild Turkey Rare Breed
Willett Family Reserve 13 year

Finished bottles include :
Michter's
Jefferson's Reserve
Woodford Reserve
Four Roses Yellow Label
Basin Hayden's
Evan Williams Single Barrel Black
Makers Mark

My palette prefers the Blanton's and the Van Winkle the most. Knob Creek is my fall back cheap drinking favorite. The finished bottles are all on my pay no future mind listing. I can say I'm not liking the Wild Turkey RB too much.

I look forward to frequenting the boards.

loneranger84
10-06-2009, 12:07
Welcome! That's quite the collection you've got there. I'm a Bourbon newcomer myself... but one day, perhaps, I'll have a collection like yours!

Tennessee Dave
10-06-2009, 16:07
Welcome to the board. Enjoy yourself here.:cool:

Big TR
10-06-2009, 19:26
I just started getting the bourbon bug heavy once I moved to Tennessee last spring. I enjoyed the occasional Maker's Mark and moved on from there.

Having the wife finally graduate from Pharmacy school helped me move up the food chain on what I could try :)

fishnbowljoe
10-06-2009, 22:41
Welcome TR. Glad to have you aboard. Looks like you're off to a good start. Keep watching the boards, and by all means keep posting. Cheers! Joe

docbible
10-07-2009, 09:12
Welcome to the board! I spent 4 years in Memphis at UT. I have a happy memory of seeing it in my rear view mirror in 1996. Is Busters still open, I think it was on Popular Ave? They had the widest selection and were visited frequently after exams. We have friends in Franklin (westhaven) that we see about monthly. There are some good liquor stores in the Cool Springs area. The staff have been very helpful. Last weekend I picked up the Willett 8, 13, and 18 yo (not available in the Knoxville market). Did you like your Willett? Enjoy your bourbon journey, it is a great trip. tim

Big TR
10-07-2009, 19:34
doc, I've only been to Memphis once for about 4 hours on business so I'm unsure about anything going on there. We live just south of Franklin right outside of the city limits. I'm familiar with Westhaven. My kid plays soccer on the fields over on that side of town and a co-worker lives in there.

The Willett is very good. I'm not sure how it ranks as of yet, but it's definitely up there.

I frequent Brinkmann's on Carothers, Red Dog on Royal Oaks by the Home Depot and Del Rio Wine and Spirits just north of downtown Franklin. All are extremely knowledgeable. The Del Rio guys are really on their game. All of them kind of have to be given we are in a pretty affluent county here.

docbible
10-08-2009, 07:15
I read too much into your post, (move to TN + pharm school = memphis). Sorry for the confusion and flashback. Brinkmann's has a nice Blantons that they selected and have picked a 4R single barrel that should be on the shelf by now. I hope to try this one in the future. You have a nice rounded collection, enjoy tim

Big TR
10-08-2009, 10:41
I've already polished off 2 bottles of Brinkmann's first run of single barrel from Blanton's. I'm about due for another one and am glad to hear Tim's gotten another go around.