PDA

View Full Version : How Much Can I Leagally Transport?

MJL
12-24-2009, 13:07
So, I have been working the local booze stores these last few days taking advantage of their holiday sales. I came home yesterday with about 5 gallons of assorted bottles of booze and today with about 10 gallons of booze. This got me thinking about a conversation I had with a caterer a few years back. He claimed once you start moving cases and cases of booze you need to obtain certain permits to do so. Anyone know if there is a legal limit to how much booze a person can move around before one has to apply for permits. We're not talking crossing state lines or anything...just from point A to point B. While we're at it should I be putting flammable plackards on my truck due to the amount of booze inside?:slappin: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GOCOUGS2002
12-24-2009, 13:17
I heard of a guy who transported 53 bottles of assorted bourbon from Texas to Washington. He didn't bother with any placards...but he knew, that if hit from behind, there would be a huge explosion and his wife would be rich woman.

tommyboy38
12-24-2009, 14:02
I thought I'd heard that therewa some paperwork of somesort required at 75 liters of spirits

TNbourbon
12-24-2009, 14:42
It will vary by state/location (a remnant of Prohibition's Repeal). For example, it's 5 liters here in Tennessee, if you're not a distributor (yes, that means I can't legally transport a case home -- hence, it's virtually NEVER enforced!). But, what's legal for me might not apply to you (and vice versa) -- it's likely 5 gallons or 5 cases somewhere else. You need to look into Florida regs.

MJL
12-24-2009, 16:27
Interesting. I wonder where in Florida law those regulations would be outlined. Any idea if there might be laws concerning how much liqour can be stored inside a residence? I'm not saying I have enough to float a battleship; maybe a small patrol boat but not a battleship by a long shot.:rolleyes:

silverfish
12-24-2009, 17:53
Any idea if there might be laws concerning how much liqour can be stored inside a residence?

Geez, I never thought about that. See my post here (http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=188990#post188990).
MJL, you might be interested as you recently asked
about JD.

MJL
12-25-2009, 09:31
If only we had basements in SoFLa mine would be filled with pallets of booze, like yours! Wow! Nice photo.

Rughi
01-01-2010, 09:05
The wife and I flew back from our bourbon/barbecue trail trip in 2005 with 32 bottles in our luggage (up to 5 liters for each of our 2 bags per person, and a carry on for each of us, which you could do in those days). I was sweating that one, because they could have lowered the boom if they were so inclined.

The TSA in Jacksonville, NC removed it all, inspected it and repacked it.:grin:

Roger