PDA

View Full Version : flsean intro

flsean
01-23-2010, 20:25
I've been lurking for a while and enjoying the great information this site has to offer so I thought I would finally get on and start sharing and participating. http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j50/flsean1/pictures1063.jpg

These are the "dusty bottles" I picked up today. Can't wait to break into the RR101's.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know more of you and gleaning as much information from you guys as possible.

Best,

Sean

birdman1099
01-23-2010, 20:28
Nice finds...

The WTRR's are a treasure !!!!

OscarV
01-23-2010, 20:38
Wecome aboard Sean, nice 1st post, great pic.
You scored some real gems.

flsean
01-23-2010, 20:50
Yeah, I was pretty excited to find those RR101's. I work part time in a major chain liquor store and have enjoyed a few of the newer Russell's Reserve, but this will be my first time trying one of the 101s.

I do have one more quick question for you guys. Do you have any tips for finding specific vintages of premium whiskey's? Specifically I'm looking for the Fall 2008 bottling of the Sazerac 18yo rye. I have the 2009, but have heard that the 2008 is slightly better and would love to track one down to compare.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

birdman1099
01-24-2010, 02:38
if you give us a geographic location of where you are, I'm sure someone would try to help you find a 2008 Saz.

spun_cookie
01-24-2010, 09:48
Nice finds and welcome to the group. Drink well

GOCOUGS2002
01-24-2010, 10:39
Nice haul!

You could use wine-searcher to find an 08 Saz, bottles are available on internet.

fishnbowljoe
01-24-2010, 20:47
Welcome to SB Sean. You made a nice haul there. Where in Florida are you from? I may be down that way this spring. Might have to visit you. :lol: Hope you enjoy it here. This is a great place to learn about bourbon, and have some fun at the same time. Cheers! Joe

ThomasH
01-24-2010, 20:50
Welcome Sean. Which retailer do you work for? I vacation in Florida each summer and have covered a lot of territory there!

Thomas

fishnbowljoe
01-24-2010, 21:12
Welcome Sean. Which retailer do you work for? I vacation in Florida each summer and have covered a lot of territory there!

Thomas

Geez Tom, give me a chance first. :lol: Joe

flsean
01-24-2010, 21:13
Thanks again for the welcome guys. I'm down in the West Palm Beach area. I think I am going to enjoy it here. The amount of information and knowledge possessed by people on this board is simply astounding. I was able to find one more bottle of that Old Fitz today, and thanks to the info from another thread was quite happy to find out that it was indeed and old SW distilled product. That is simply info I couldn't find anywhere else.

And lets just say I work for one of the newer, big-box chain stores.

ThomasH
01-24-2010, 21:25
I wasn't trying to move in on Sean's territory, just trying to steer him to a Saz 18 if possible. My list is down to a few bottles now, all of which are overseas, duty free or trade bottles. Any dusties that I really like, I already have in multiple!

Thomas

flsean
01-24-2010, 21:28
No worries. I'm relatively new to this, and my territory is somewhat small. But you can rest assured that I've cleaned out every store in my area :) Although I am sure there are things that I have passed up or missed.

fishnbowljoe
01-24-2010, 22:35
I wasn't worried about you moving in on Sean's territory Tom. It was me I was worried about. :smiley_acbt: I only get down there once a year or so if I'm lucky. Actually, I was just kidding anyway. I really don't have much of a chance to hunt when I'm down there. We stay with friends, and I don't have ready access to a car. I'm on the opposite coast too. If either of you head WSW let me know. I know of one nice spot on the Gulf coast, but you have to pick me up some too. :lol: Joe