PDA

View Full Version : Hey Yall from Western Washington

derevaun
02-12-2010, 23:52
I've been reading for a while, so it's time to delurk. I'm a longtime wine drinker but have always had some bourbon in the house to punctuate the wine drinking or to be punctuated by it. I've usually just gone with Wild Turkey Rare Breed, but lately I've been inclined to develop a proper whiskey palate. This site has been a big help.

Fellow Washingtonians will know that getting ahold of particular brands in this state can be a challenge, even with the handy-if-clunky Liquor Control Board Shelf Checker (http://liq.wa.gov/services/brandsearch.asp). Has anyone in WA found a bottle of Evan Williams Single Barrel 2000? Some stores have the 1999, but it's difficult to know if any have or have had the 2000.

Anyway that's my current question. I'm looking forward to learning from everybody here; and for that, thanks in advance!

sgtgto
02-13-2010, 14:14
Where in Western WA do you live? I can keep any eye out for you in Seattle..

Jake

flsean
02-13-2010, 16:25
Welcome to the boards!

I'm in the exact opposite corner of the country, so can't be of any help with the EWSB.

fishnbowljoe
02-14-2010, 19:04
Welcome to SB. Yet another new member from Washington State. Starting to get a little crowded up there. I wonder if the stores might start running out of good stuff. :lol: I hope you enjoy the site and have some fun. Cheers. Joe

derevaun
02-15-2010, 22:56
I'm in Olympia. Someone pointed me to a store (White Center) that has (now had :cool: ) a bottle of EWSB 2K. Thanks Dave! I like the 1999, so I'm looking forward to opening the 2000. Cheers!

p_elliott
02-21-2010, 01:42
Welcome to the board, I hope you enjoy yourself here. Please post often, keep us informed on your bourbon journey. Ask as many questions as you like. Have fun and make some new friends here.