PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Poison Girl Bar, Houston Texas

scottbutt
06-05-2010, 22:21
After having a bourbon with the Boss, the Big Cheese, Doubleblank, and Wadewood this weekend, I had to make my first post.

I've been a lurker here for a few years and have learned a lot. I have also had the opportunity to meet some really great people.

Any SB members coming through the Houston area, PM me and I'll meet you for a bourbon.

Cheers,
Scott Walcott
Poison Girl Bar
Antidote Coffee

ErichPryde
06-06-2010, 00:41
thanks for the post, and the invitation! I missed out on this houston trip, but if I ever come through I'll make sure to stop by your place.

fishnbowljoe
06-06-2010, 01:26
Thanks for the post Scott. Heard lots of good things about your place from the folks who were down there last month. Keep up the good work. Joe

sailor22
06-06-2010, 04:11
Hi ya Scott! Good to see you posting.
Loved Poison Girl and your company at Randy's. The job you did stocking Poison Girl is really impressive.
Is there another bar where you can order pours of WTKS dark smooth top and a WT Tribute and have the bar tender not flinch or get confused and be served with a smile. Then compare pours of Parkers Heritage 122 proof and Parkers Golden - again with a smile.

OscarV
06-06-2010, 04:17
Hey scottbutt post some pics of your bar with the bourbon line up.
Thanx.

BourbonJoe
06-06-2010, 07:56
Hi Scott. Glad to see you posting here. Your bar is very impressive. What a great line-up of bourbon. I may have had too much as Fricky found me outside talking to Mr. Kool Aid Man. Keep that bourbon pourin down there.
It was a pleasure to meet you.
Joe :usflag:

jbutler
06-06-2010, 08:36
We had a great time Scott. Your bar is a piece of genuine Americana; and that's without the amazing bourbon selection!

If any of you are traveling to Houston, a trip to Poison Girl is a must. Hell, go to Houston just for Scott's bar, you won't regret it.

Stu
06-06-2010, 12:14
Hey Scott,

You have a great bar. I too enjoyed my conversation with Mr. Kool Aid man.

ACDetroit
06-06-2010, 18:58
Hey Scott, glad to see you posting! The visit to your bar was an amazing time (please tell Robin all the out of towners missed her at Randy's place :grin: ). Looking forward to hearing your thought on the board! If I make it back to Houston, I will for sure stop in Poison Girl for another round of great pours!

Cheers!
Tony

hectic1
06-06-2010, 19:11
Good to see you posting Scott...as many others have said, you have them most incredible selection of bourbon that I have ever seen in a bar. Poison Girl is a definite must visit if you're in the Houston area! :cool:

p_elliott
06-07-2010, 09:33
Hey Scott had a great time at poison girl and chatting with you at Randy's. Your bar is great a must stop if in the Houston area. Tell Robin we all said Hi and she was supposed to come check out the site. And now that you finally made your first post take the next big step and join us in chat some time I promise cross my heart you'll have a good time just like you did at Randy's no one is going to bite. Do a Thursday night.

Paul