PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Denmark

macdeffe
07-14-2010, 08:22
Hi Guys

I am from Denmark and is pretty much unexperienced in Bourbons. Been drinking Single malts for years, but my initial ventures into bourbons made me leave that area again as I didnt really like it. Well maybe my palate has changed or I just hold on some good stuff!

I really liked GTS and a rye called Bitter Truth Rye which made me start looking out more for quality bourbons and ryes (I plan to try other american whiskies as well). Recently a convinced a friend to bring some bottlings back from High West, which we will share, I really look forward to try those!

Meanwhile I'll be lurking and learning here

/Macdeffe

ratcheer
07-14-2010, 12:13
Welcome aboard, Macdeffe. Denmark is a place I would love to visit, someday. I hope you find some bourbons you enjoy.

Tim

macdeffe
07-14-2010, 13:20
Thanks Tim

Macdeffe (also a self styled whisky connoisseur)

whskylvr
07-14-2010, 15:30
Welcome Macdeffe,

Lots of great info and alot of fun. You'll make many friends.
I also would love to visit Denmark until I do, I will have to keep
going to little Denmark in California (Solvang) we love it down there.

MJL
09-04-2010, 14:17
I was in Ribe, Denmark last summer. Very pretty town and so very welcoming people there. I'm not sure how the winters are but the summer was surely very sweet!

Josh
09-04-2010, 14:54
Welcome McDeffe! For a moment I thought wow that's a coincidence. He's from Denmark and that's a character from Hamlet! Then I realized that the character's name is MacDuff and he's from Macbeth, not Hamlet. Yes, I have been drinking.

Anyway, great to have another European member. I too would love to go to Denmark someday. I'm a big fan of Mew, and I have always thought the mermaid in Copenhagen was kinda hot.

I'll shut up now. Welcome again!

TBC
09-04-2010, 20:56
welcome aboard! tons of great info here.

macdeffe
09-05-2010, 07:21
Thanks folks. The winters here can be cold, but often its 5 months of light snow and rain, with the occasional heavier snow. A bit like Scotland actual :-)

Steffen