View Full Version : Hello From Denmark

07-14-2010, 08:22
Hi Guys

I am from Denmark and is pretty much unexperienced in Bourbons. Been drinking Single malts for years, but my initial ventures into bourbons made me leave that area again as I didnt really like it. Well maybe my palate has changed or I just hold on some good stuff!

I really liked GTS and a rye called Bitter Truth Rye which made me start looking out more for quality bourbons and ryes (I plan to try other american whiskies as well). Recently a convinced a friend to bring some bottlings back from High West, which we will share, I really look forward to try those!

Meanwhile I'll be lurking and learning here

07-14-2010, 12:13
Welcome aboard, Macdeffe. Denmark is a place I would love to visit, someday. I hope you find some bourbons you enjoy.

07-14-2010, 13:20
Thanks Tim

Macdeffe (also a self styled whisky connoisseur)

07-14-2010, 15:30
Welcome Macdeffe,

Lots of great info and alot of fun. You'll make many friends.
I also would love to visit Denmark until I do, I will have to keep
going to little Denmark in California (Solvang) we love it down there.

09-04-2010, 14:17
I was in Ribe, Denmark last summer. Very pretty town and so very welcoming people there. I'm not sure how the winters are but the summer was surely very sweet!

09-04-2010, 14:54
Welcome McDeffe! For a moment I thought wow that's a coincidence. He's from Denmark and that's a character from Hamlet! Then I realized that the character's name is MacDuff and he's from Macbeth, not Hamlet. Yes, I have been drinking.

Anyway, great to have another European member. I too would love to go to Denmark someday. I'm a big fan of Mew, and I have always thought the mermaid in Copenhagen was kinda hot.

I'll shut up now. Welcome again!

09-04-2010, 20:56
welcome aboard! tons of great info here.

09-05-2010, 07:21
Thanks folks. The winters here can be cold, but often its 5 months of light snow and rain, with the occasional heavier snow. A bit like Scotland actual :-)