PDA

View Full Version : Hi From London

Tim F
08-02-2010, 06:10
Hi there - I'm Tim from The Whisky Exchange in London. I've been using this site as a reference for a while when I want to check facts on bourbons / distilleries I'm writing about, and occasionally lurk on the forum.

I'm currently about to start writing up our American whiskey distillery profiles, so may come in here to seek your collective expertise with the occasional nerdy question if I need clarification on anything. You can read some of my previous bourbon-related scribblings here (http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/CategoryInfo.aspx?category=403) and here (http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/ManufPage.aspx?nm=Buffalo+Trace) (apologies in advance for any mistakes).

ratcheer
08-02-2010, 08:02
Welcome aboard, Tim F. I think you will find us to be a friendly group.

Tim

Rutter
08-02-2010, 08:08
Welcome aboard tim, if you need any help with samplings or tasters just let me know and i'll pop by the vinopolis!

ggilbertva
08-02-2010, 13:47
Tim,

Welcome to SB.com. Feel free to ask questions, the group is pretty friendly around here. Make liberal use of the search function to dig into the plethora of whiskey info here on the site.

I've been trolling the Whiskey Exchange site recently trying to put together an order for shipment (besides bourbon, I also like scotch and irish). I've been working with Alex and he's been very helpful. Feel free to drop me a PM if you have any questions.

Enjoy

fishnbowljoe
08-04-2010, 19:32
Welcome aboard Tim. It's always good to have members that work in the "business". It's also cool that you hail from the other side of the pond. :cool: Look forward to your posts. Cheers! Joe

mrviognier
08-04-2010, 21:35
As a long-suffering Spurs' fan, and someone who used to own a wine import company called "Style Council Imports", I'm always happy to meet a UK-based Bourbon lover!

p_elliott
08-11-2010, 06:45
Welcome aboard Tim, I have your site on my favorites but unforchanatly due due to the exchange rates and shipping rates I have not ordered from you even though it has been very tempting. I hope you enjoy the site. I have noticed that you have been on site in (our) mornings your afternoons while a few of us have been in chat. Please feel free to stop in and chat with us. Please post often and have some fun on the site. If you get the chance to hop the pond for the Kentucky Bourbon Festival you'll have a great time.

Tim F
08-11-2010, 07:11
Many thanks for the warm welcome and all your kind wishes, I'm glad to be here :)