PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Boston

M14Shooter
10-18-2010, 15:52
Just wanted to check in as a new member.I just started drinking bourbon about a year ago.I came across this site a few weeks ago.The info that is shared on this site is great.Looking forward to see you on the board.My favorite bourbons at the moment are Pappy Van Winkle 15 Year,George T Stagg,Noah Mills and Blantons.I also like the new OWA 107 for a any time pour.

Regards,Mike

p_elliott
10-18-2010, 21:16
Hi Mike Welcome aboard. Looks like you have expensive taste in bourbon those are all nice ones. I hope you also like some a little less expensive there are some great lower shelf and midshelf bourbon's. Feel free to ask as many questions as you like and post your opinions as well. Keep us informed on your journey. Come join us in chat (the gazebo). Have fun on the site and make some new friends.

matthew0715
10-19-2010, 03:02
Welcome aboard. Glad you're enjoying the site. Like Paul said, stop by the Gazebo and chat with us anytime. I haven't been to Boston in 20 years. Has that tunnel really helped traffic?;)

M14Shooter
10-19-2010, 09:45
Hi Guys
Thanks for your offer of helping me learn about Bourbon.My Favorite Mid -Priced pours are EC-12,OWA 107,Buffalo Trace ,Eagle Rare 10 and Old Fitz BIB.I mostly drink them neat.If it is real hot out I might put a ice cube or two in the Glass.

Mike

P.S. Keeping an eye out for the BTAC releases.They should be hitting the shelves in the next week or two in Mass.

The new tunnel helps out a lot if you are going to Logan Airport.Traffic is a little better.But its was 12 years of traffic detours and headaches while it was being built.The new tunnel is still leaking about a million gallons a day of sea water.Good thing they have a good pump system to keep up with the leaks.

StraightBoston
10-19-2010, 12:17
Welcome, Mike -- fine tastes you have! We're building up a quorum for a Boston area tasting group. Are you city, North Shore, South Shore, Metro West, etc?

M14Shooter
10-20-2010, 06:54
I am in the Metro-West Area.About an hour from Boston.

Regards,Mike

Whiskey Willie
10-20-2010, 08:23
Welcom, Mike. I lived in the Acton/Littleton area for about 11 years.

fishnbowljoe
10-20-2010, 14:21
Welcome to SB Mike. Hope you enjoy yourself here. Cheers! Joe

leebo
11-15-2010, 16:16
Go see Ryan @ Julios Liquors on rt 9 in Westboro, they really get the bourbon thing. They have their own barrels botted as well as tastings. I think the annual whisky fest is in Feb.

M14Shooter
11-15-2010, 17:06
Thanks for the info on Julio's.I will check it out in the near Future.I broke my November Bourbon Budget with the 2010 BTAC Release.

Regards,Mike