PDA

View Full Version : Lexington Newbie

peb
10-21-2010, 13:09
Just wanted to say hello to everyone on the site. I stumbled upon this website a few months ago and I am very fortunate I did. Lots of great info on here. I already owe a 'thank you' to sysrick and ODaniel for the tip on BTAC being available in Lexington.

I have been a bourbon fan for quite a while. I have mostly dealt with the low to mid price range; and the majority of my favorites reside there. OWA, WTRB, OGD 114, BT, and Jefferson's Reserve Small Batch are all great.

I gave myself a belated b-day gift the other day - Pappy 15, WLW, and GTS (one of each). Excited to try them, and apparently lucky to have them (i was told by an employee of one Liquor Barn that they sold out in 3 hours).

fishnbowljoe
10-25-2010, 18:36
Welcome to SB, and a happy belated birthday peb. Cheers! Joe

Josh
10-26-2010, 05:44
Welcome and belated happy birthday peb! Those are some great bday gifts. See you around the forums!

ODaniel
10-26-2010, 08:35
Welcome! Glad I could help.

ACDetroit
10-26-2010, 10:49
Hey peb, sounds like an outstanding birthday! If you're having thoughts of a belated party let us know... I'm sure a few of us would come help you crack those new gems :rolleyes: .

Good luck on your journey through whiskey it's a trip! Oh and if any of the brothas from the dark side (aka scotch) try to drag you into their realm just run!

Welcome.

Tony

peb
10-29-2010, 10:12
Thanks guys.

Just through reading a lot of these posts I feel like I have a better understanding of the differences in distilleries and taste profiles. Now I just need to get to trying all the stuff I've never had before (which is a ton). I am especially intrigued by the dusties. I would love to find some of those.

For now I'll just finish off the Weller Antique that's currently open. And maybe this weekend I'll move along to some Stagg.

Bourbon Boiler
10-30-2010, 08:52
Welcome aboard! You're certainly well-placed geographically to learn and sample all you want.