PDA

View Full Version : Finally getting serious about bourbon!!

McSmokey
11-17-2010, 06:40
Hello All!

I come from the same cigar forum as Joel(yourchoice). My name is Justin and like the title says after mixing bourbon and coke or whatever else seemed good at the time for the last seven years I am finally getting serious and exploring the flavors that come with drinking neat or on the rocks. I'm from Tuscaloosa, AL(Roll Tide!), have a wife and a 10 month old son. I work in Construction Administration for the University of Alabama(Roll Tide!). My current goto is Turkey 101, and its current friends in the cabinet are Eagle Rare 10, 2010 Stagg, and Knob Creek. Living in AL under the thumb of the State run Liquor Store my options are some what limited and I am constantly on the lookout for new things to buy when I travel so all recommendations are welcome.

smokinjoe
11-17-2010, 13:57
Welcome to SB.Com, Justin. I hope you enjoy your time here. One good thing that Alabama has going for it (besides, of course, your Tide :D) is Virgin Bourbon. $13ish at the ABC stores. You might give that a try, particularly, if you like WT 101. It's 7 years old, and 101 proof. I'm particularly fond of it.

Cheers!

McSmokey
11-17-2010, 13:59
Thanks Joe! I'll have to pick up a bottle this weekend to put in the lineup.

yourchoice
11-19-2010, 05:43
Hey Justin! Thanks for telling me about SB.com!

Bourbon Boiler
11-19-2010, 20:28
Welcome aboard! This place is a great resource to learn, and get serious in an educated manner instead of just diving into more expensive bottles and not appreciating what's in front of you. Look forward to hearing from you in the future.

imbibehour
11-19-2010, 21:57
Welcome, there is a wealth of knowledge and good attitude among everyone here without the snobbery...

Enjoy your stay!

fishnbowljoe
11-23-2010, 16:26
Welcome Justin. Glad to have you. So, your go to bourbon is WT 101? You and Paul (p_elliott) should get along just fine then. :slappin: But seriously, SB is a great place to learn about bourbon, meet some good people, and hopefully have a little fun at the same time. Enjoy! Joe