PDA

View Full Version : New SB & North Cal / Bay

yjb
12-23-2010, 15:41
I developed the thirst while in bloomington Indiana.
Just moved out to Davis CA, and the locals where a bit limited.
I was excited by ledgers in berkeley & (considering they got some private stock) I imagine there's some nice drinking to be done down there.

So, I'm mainly just writing to check in and get a sense of the scene round NoCal

Excited to start

yjb
12-23-2010, 15:57
A few more details.

I was a scotch drinker for a while & still like the stuff now and then.
Got into beer and bourbon at about the same time, (about five years ago).

Living just outside of KY I had a nice local & got a good selection of drinking under my belt, + me and some of my peoples had tastings/dinners etc.

Trying to get reestablished here in cali... where there seems to be a lot of wine, but also new micros and interesting stuff going on...

My favorites are PVW 15 & last years parker's but I believe that almost all bourbon is great.

squire
12-23-2010, 16:24
Welcome aboard, pull up a chair.

BMartin42
12-23-2010, 18:45
From a fellow noob, I will tell you that you will find a wealth of great info on this site. Welcome.

yjb
12-29-2010, 02:02
Thanks for the welcome! Excited to drink read and learn

unclebunk
12-29-2010, 07:38
Welcome to SB! I believe there are a number of members living in your neck of the woods, so perhaps you can seek one another out for a few drinks. Read up on the various threads that interest you and don't forget to check out the lower shelves--there's some fine whiskey down there!:grin:

yjb
12-30-2010, 00:32
Cool... excited to meet em... As far as the bottom shelf... I agree fully.. us bourbonites are lucky to have so much affordable treasure... although not a bourbon I 'm known to carry some OO whenever I travel, and I'll be browsing round here for more input on good buys. + more info on the bourbon history. Moving from scotch, the affordability of USA whiskey is awesome.

Cheers