PDA

View Full Version : Kinda new from Louisville

cgbakerjr
01-25-2011, 19:51
Howdy. I've been lurking off and on for a couple years, reading and digesting all of the information provided. I thought I may try to start posting more so thought I'd say hi and introduce myself.
While enjoying a lot of bourbons I still consider myself a newbie and enjoy learning from everyone here.

Fullbuck
01-26-2011, 16:51
Hey Baker, relatively new to bourbon myself. What have you been drinking lately? I have been searching Louisville for some of the bourbons recommended on these forums to try.

cgbakerjr
01-26-2011, 19:02
Find myself drinking a lot of OF Signature, Bulleit & OWA these days. We're pretty lucky to be here in Louisville as far as selection goes...isn't too hard to find just about everything discussed here except some of the allocated products (BTAC for example). If you need any insight on where to get stuff for the best prices just let me know.

cgbakerjr
01-26-2011, 19:02
I just realized you were new to the board. Welcome aboard!

Fullbuck
01-29-2011, 19:21
Thanks for the welcome, I am just amazed at all the bourbon knowledge/information on this site. Do you have a spot I should check for any of the WLW? I am hoping finding some to try will not be too difficult. I would love to try some Pappy 15, but my quest has come up dry over the past few months.

Secondly, have you ever been to Bourbons Bistro? Seems to have a very impressive offering by the glass.

cgbakerjr
01-29-2011, 21:22
Bourbons Bistro is certainly a great place to try a variety. I've only been once but that is where I actually tried PVW15 for the first time. You can build your own flight and try whatever they have available.

If you're looking for WLW, I found a place across the border that still had some a couple weeks ago. I've been wavering on buying, but if you really want it PM me and I'll send you the location. I also found a place with some PVW15 over there that I can direct you to. not sure if they still have it, but you can always call to find out.

nblair
01-29-2011, 22:46
Welcome to the board, guys! If you enjoy Bourbon's Bistro, check out Baxter Station. They might not have as big of a selection as Bourbon's Bistro (which is definitely a great place), but you can't beat Baxter Station's prices. Last time I was there PVW15 was $8.00, PVW20 was $12.00, Sazerac 18 was $7.50 or so. It's a good place to try things you've never had.

Special Reserve
01-30-2011, 07:07
Last time I was there PVW15 was $8.00, PVW20 was $12.00, Sazerac 18 was $7.50 or so. It's a good place to try things you've never had.

Great prices, I'm accustomed to $8 for a mid shelved bourbon.

cgbakerjr
01-30-2011, 18:23
Thanks for the heads up NBlair. Those are some pretty impressively cheap prices...about half the price of Bourbon Bistro.

Has anyone been to Jockey Silks at the Galt House? They're supposed to have an impressive line up of Bourbons, but I'd assume being connected to the hotel the prices are probably up there. Been meaning to check it out after work some day but just haven't made it over there.

fishnbowljoe
02-02-2011, 20:00
Welcome to SB CG. Have fun and enjoy. Cheers! Joe