PDA

View Full Version : BOURBON in D.C.: BIG Thumbs Up!

mrviognier
05-11-2011, 19:15
Many thanks to CigarNV and HappyHour24x7 for steering me in the direction of Bourbon in D.C. Was originally planning to head over to their Adams Morgan location, but - seeing that it opened an hour aftertheir Glover Park location - I opted for GP. Boy, am I glad I did.

Spent the good part of 3 hours rocking a bar stool, checking the place out. The diversity and depth of selection here is amazing. Four Roses everything, most BT bottlings, a boatload of WT (including some only avail. in Japan), HH and a bevy of KBD bottlings. Here's a picture of their upstairs bar....and it pales in comparison to the main one downstairs:
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii95/mrviognier/DC005.jpg

Spent a good deal of time talking to the manager, Matt Halligan, and a very passionate bartender named Chris. When you find barkeeps that share stories of their own dusty finds, you know you're in a place that not only serves good Bourbon, but is nuts about it, too.

And, oh yeah...the food was good, too.

I HIGHLY recommend this as a "must" stop for anyone in the D.C. area. You won't be disappointed.

imbibehour
05-11-2011, 19:37
still haven't been...

PappyVW23
05-11-2011, 21:09
gonna have to make it over there. only a couple a miles away. hard to keep up with all the new joints opening up.