PDA

View Full Version : In search of interesting minis...

eric3243
07-21-2011, 08:49
So, I travel a fair amount and sometimes like to take along minis. I generally prefer wheaters, so Makers has been my go-to. In fact, it's all I've ever seen in mini format.

My questions are:

- what other wheaters are available in mini (50ml) format? Has anyone ever seen weller or old fitz?
- is there anywhere that will ship minis in quantity? i'm not looking to buy a gross, but i would be willing to buy a dozen or so if they were interesting.

Didn't know where to post this and am new around here so thought I would start in the 'safe' forum!

Thanks...

sku
07-21-2011, 09:07
Other than the old Weller Centennials and the Old Fitz from BHC which are long out of production but occasionally still pop up, I don't know that I've ever seen a Weller or Fitz mini.

Have you considered taking a flask or making your own minis? It's more cost effective.

eric3243
07-21-2011, 10:03
I guess I worry about open container laws when driving. But it's a good idea...

soad
07-21-2011, 16:28
I guess I worry about open container laws when driving. But it's a good idea...

I travel on vacation a lot with a 200ml bottle of Old Weller (originally an OGD bottle). It is always tucked in a suitcase in the backseat. I have never worried about it being an open container. I figure if it gets to the point that an officer is going through my suitcase on the side of the road, I have more to worry about than the whiskey :slappin:

p_elliott
07-21-2011, 19:03
The companies that sell bottles sell shrink wrap seals for the bottles. You put them over the cap and neck then use a blow dryer on them. So they are sealed so no open container problem.

eric3243
07-22-2011, 07:00
Love the idea of shrink wrapping my own bottles... heh

And it sounds like Makers is about it for minis of the wheaters... at least in quantity. Sounds like I'll be making my own...

gblick
07-22-2011, 16:50
In Texas, it's legal to transport opened containers in your trunk. If you don't have a trunk (SUV, etc.), the law states that the opened containers must be transported behind the last row of seats.