PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Cincinnati

Ejmharris
11-21-2011, 17:54
I have been trying to soak up as much of the posts on here as I possibly can for 2 months. I have to say the amount material on here is overwhelming in a very good way. I have learned more in the last 2 months reading these posts than all the other years of my life combined. I am also very impressed with the knowledge of the readers and acceptance of others opinions. There are people that disagree, but most of the time very professionally. One of my biggest complaints is that the world seems to have forgotten how to be tolerant of people with different opinions. I will leave the rest of my soap box speech for the appropriate forum. :)

A little background on me, I have been a very casual bourbon fan since college. I really just stuck to the basics, Beam, Makers and WT. Beer was usually the drink of choice. A couple if years ago my brother and I started getting each other "a bottle of something" each year for Christmas. I would head down to Party Source and spend hours picking something out for him and of course myself. LOVE THAT PLACE. Started to try some new things like Willet and FR's. Sometime late last winter or Early spring, Party Source had a Kentucky whiskey tasting. MB Roland and Corsair was there at the tasting. Even though I am a huge fan of both their products, I have been addicted to all things bourbon, really all things American whiskey but ESPECIALLY bourbon. My wife is going crazy with all my purchases over the last 9 or 10 months. I find that I am starting to trend toward the heavier rye varieties although I still getting strong urges for the smoother wheats. I will have to say, I typically don't pickup up a lot of the different tasting notes that are on these pages, but maybe that will be learned. And I do really look forward to those classes for once!

Ejmharris
11-21-2011, 17:58
Sorry about all the spelling issues. Typing on iPhone and put phone done to get kids out of shower before reading it to submit. My son grabbed phone before I knew it to play angry birds and submitted posts. Hopefully message is clear. Really looking forward to being a fruitful contributor to this forum. I will need to start a post in the non-bourbon section about how much I hate this iPhone typing.

cbus
11-21-2011, 19:57
Welcome! Yeah, Party Source is pretty awesome.

Tennessee Dave
11-22-2011, 16:54
Welcome to SB. Enjoy yourself.

BroInBourbonMD
11-25-2011, 09:46
Welcome, and I can 100% relate! I was very casual until I went on the KY Bourbon Trail with a group of friends. Since then I've been hooked....and yes, my wife too is going crazy with my purchases, but she has since learned to make a mean Manhatten which I am happy to drink every time she makes it.

I agree with you on the Party Source. Those guys are great. I can't wait for when they open up their own distillery on the river in a couple of years. I might have to move from Mason to Covington when that happens!

Welcome.

Ejmharris
11-25-2011, 14:42
I read the article about two weeks ago regarding the Party Source Distillery. I am really excited. I only live about 10 minutes away so I will be hanging around quite a bit when it opens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk