PDA

View Full Version : New from Southern Kentucky

BourbonPerk
12-29-2011, 08:52
How's it going everyone, name is Austin and I from the southern most city in Kentucky. I have been drinking bourbon for about 5 years now and my current collection includes Woodford Reserve, Woodford Master Collection Oak Finish, Elijah Craig 18 yr, Red Stag, WL Weller, Booker's, Basil Hayden, and Maker's Mark. As of a few days ago I am now the proud owner of a brand new, never used before, charred white oak barrel. I also have a 3L new charred white oak barrel that I have had for a few months. I have been contemplating trying out the smaller barrel but haven't quite found what I'd like to put in her so any suggestions from you all would be great!

ratcheer
12-29-2011, 12:52
Cool. Welcome to SB.com.

I have had two nice vacations in southern Kentucky. The first was back in the early 80's (or maybe late 70's) to Bowling Green and Owensboro. I vividly remember a picnic next to a tobacco field. The other was with my family in the summer of 2005. We went to Mammoth Cave, Green River, some state park a little south of that area, and Bowling Green and the Corvette Museum. Also, to Chuck's, heh heh. Kentucky is such a beautiful state.

Tim

Young Blacksmith
12-29-2011, 14:48
Welcome!

I'm up in Louisville now enjoying your countryside too. My wife and I thought the drives to 4R, WR, and WT were very idyllic, winding roads, board fences, horses, and beautiful vistas over rivers and such.

Enjoy!

Bourbon Boiler
12-29-2011, 17:14
Welcome aboard. You might check out this thread for ideas as to what to put in that barrel.

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16346

Clavius
12-30-2011, 20:26
Hey and welcome! I'm in KY too.